Happi Jack beds in cyclone 4100

I have read that some 4100's had too short of legs on the benches from the factory. Has anyone had issues with them being too long? Our's seem to be too long. They hit before the bench bottoms out and the seat seems higher in the middle than on the sides. I'm guessing I can just take them off, pull the plastic plug out of the bottom and cut them off. We have had issues with the Happi Jack and I think this is the reason. Next question can I remove the bed off the top and just leave the benches? We will never use the bed and it can't really be used for storage, so I'd like to take it out as to allow the lights it covers up to become useful!!! Thanks in advance! Paul

ILH

I'm not sure, but I was under the impression that it was the bottom bunk pushing up against the top bunk that activates the 'stop' switch. You might have to modify it slightly.

blong

One option you might want to consider is what we did, drill new pin holes in the rails so the upper bunk can sit about a 12 to 16 inches from the ceiling and then it is perfect for storage and not in the way of the lower set at all. You can even see the TV up on the wall no problem. Did this with our previous 3950 Cyclone as well, its a great storage solution for a bunk we never used for sleeping either.

And BTW our legs came too short, we are still waiting on replacements.

oscar

One option you might want to consider is what we did, drill new pin holes in the rails so the upper bunk can sit about a 12 to 16 inches from the ceiling and then it is perfect for storage and not in the way of the lower set at all. You can even see the TV up on the wall no problem. Did this with our previous 3950 Cyclone as well, its a great storage solution for a bunk we never used for sleeping either.

And BTW our legs came too short, we are still waiting on replacements.

That's a good idea and I will consider it....., with one caveat. The tail end of this thing seems to be pretty bouncy going down the road, and anything that's not tied down comes down from the bed......

If you decide to Sell your top bunk (and it will work in mine) I will buy it from you! I am looking add it to my 2011 Cyclone 3814...
Thanks,
Scott

Dennyha

Our new 2015 Model 3010 had legs that were too short. We are still waiting on the longer ones from the dealer. On our previous SOB, we just lowered the bunk until the legs just touched the floor, so they were only too long if you kept lowering the bunk.