Another Forum Layout Question

here4now

When I first joined the Heartland Forum earlier this year, every time I went to the forum the "All Forums" tab at the top was highlighted. Now, something seems to have changed. Every time I open my bookmark to the forum or every time I try to use the back arrow when I'm in an individual thread somewhere on the forum, it always goes to the "General" tab. I then have to reload the "All Forums" tab to get back where I was. Is there a way to always have "All Forums" load every time?

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like your bookmark needs to be updated to the "All Forums" page.
FYI, my favorite is the "Portal" page and then I can just click on the "What's New?" tab.
I don't have to sort through all the forums because I can see every new post or thread that I have not read with one click.

Peace
Dave

here4now

That's what I thought initially, so I updated my bookmark. It didn't help.

It's not only when I first load the forum from the bookmark. If I'm already in the forum with "All Forums" listed and I navigate to a sub-forum and click on a particular thread, when I'm done and use the back arrow it takes me back to the "General" list instead of to "All Forums" where I previously was.

And I don't think it's my browser because both Firefox and IE do the exact same thing. I must have messed up a setting somewhere, but I can't figure out where. :confused:

ICamel

I agree with here4now on the forum problem. I noticed the same issue/change within the past week.
The URL for the "General" forum and "All Forums" is identical with it defaulting to the General forum upon first accessing the forums.
General = //heartlandowners.org/forum.php
All Forums = //heartlandowners.org/forum.php