Air bags

Blue Oval

I didn't see a thread on this, but I need to put bags on my truck to bring my headlights down. What is everyone running and what do you recommend for a F350 SRW pulling a 2014 310RW. Pin weight is around 2400.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have had Firestone Ride Rite airbags on my last 3 trucks and have not had a single issue with any of them

pegmikef

I have the Airlift system on my F350 also with no problems in a year and a half. I have the on board compressor with the control and gauge mounted just below the steering console.

dbbls59

I also have the Air Lift bags. I had them on my older truck for 10 years and no problems so I bought the same kind for this one. I do not have an onboard compressor and have never felt the need for one.

oldmannj

Another vote for the airlift bags. Put them on my GMC and they not only do the job but smoothed the ride when not towing. I've been told that firestone customer service can be a bit lacking, hence the airlift bags. ED.

Snow

X3 on the air lifts & probably should get the on board air compressor it lets you adjust the air in the bags while towing which makes for a better ride ,improved the ride of my 250 empty also . ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Blue Oval

Thanks for the the feedback, definitely going to get airbags. Now to decide between the Air Ride or the Firestone? Seems a little more votes for the Air Ride. Is there really a big difference between the 2?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just had the firestones installed on mine as the shop I use likes them. I also got the onboard compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Black

I went with the Airlift 5000s as they were the only kit that had brackets purpose made for use with B&W hitch plates on the Ford Superduty chassis.

They are coming up on 7 years old and have been on two different trucks and still hold air over the winter. They do a phenominal job at smoothing the ride over not having them. Then once I added adjustable rear shocks I was able to achieve a near perfect bounce free ride.

OBX_Raineys

I installed the Firestone bags and an on-board compressor on my F250 and it easily took care of my leveling issues. Traded up to a F350 and didn't need the bags. Do look into getting a set of airbags, regardless of brand.

Last edited:

Bohemian

Greatest percentage of pickup trucks still registered out of units sold over the past 20 years.

#1) Ram
#2) GM, close second
#3) Ford, distant 3rd

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
1 more vote for the Airlift bags. I did however install the auto leveling kit. It works slick. It adds what is needed then goes back to 10# when unhooked. It will adjust even when fueling up. When you check on the Airlift....see if they are having their $50 rebates. 1 for the bag kits and 1 for the compressor kits. I got $100 back and a"T" shirt.

porthole

Retired
Greatest percentage of pickup trucks still registered out of units sold over the past 20 years.

#1) Ram
#2) GM, close second
#3) Ford, distant 3rd

A mismatched numbers game with no proof.
20-25 year old still on the road AND running dodges are few and far between.

My 18+ years at dodge dealers did not involve working on a lot of old trucks.

Restored car event trucks don't count.

Bohemian

The stats are correct. What they mean is another matter.

A mismatched numbers game with no proof.
20-25 year old still on the road AND running dodges are few and far between.

My 18+ years at dodge dealers did not involve working on a lot of old trucks.

Restored car event trucks don't count.