Sulastic Shackles For Improved Ride Quality?

CrazyCooter

I searched around here for info on the Sulastic Shackles:http://www.sulastic.com/sulastic?pagenumber=3 from people who tow, but found nothing......

I have recently been irritated by the harsh ride from my rear suspension. I'm assuming maybe the springs have sagged a bit and am hitting the lower overload leaf a little sooner than it did new. With a trip out to Wyoming in the near future, I figured I would give these a try. 2,000 miles is along way to be hating your truck!

Years ago I used to sell a similar device, Velvet Ride, made my Spicer and they made a pretty noticeable difference for the $200 they were then. These Sulastic's are a way stronger design than the early Spicer units. They are claimed to have a 5-10 year life expectancy.....

I have driven to work 5 times so far and I can honestly say they will be worth the money! All the little square edged bumps are much dampened! The rear hits now feel much like the front axle. Can't wait to hook up.......

johnpsz

Subscribed, awaiting updates, I have been debating on using them and haven't found reviews of people towing with them.

CrazyCooter

Well, the ride was improved for a short period of time. They have been on the truck for about 4000 miles but are now completely sacked out on the stops. I noticed this shortly after a 2500 mile trip towing the Cyclone.

They say i got a bad/weak set, but it's been 7 weeks of phone calls, emails, and pictures. Still getting the runaround......so much for the 3 year warranty huh?

CrazyCooter

Well, they finally created a shipping label at least....... Hope I see the replacements next week.

I had forgotten about the Morryde option. It's about twice as much money, but a definitely proven design. If this next set of shackles has the same issue I may have to make the swap.

mobilcastle

How about a set of air bags? Some say they ride better-I have never owned a set. Maybe some will chime in on air bags and quality of ride.
I searched around here for info on the Sulastic Shackles:http://www.sulastic.com/sulastic?pagenumber=3 from people who tow, but found nothing......

I have recently been irritated by the harsh ride from my rear suspension. I'm assuming maybe the springs have sagged a bit and am hitting the lower overload leaf a little sooner than it did new. With a trip out to Wyoming in the near future, I figured I would give these a try. 2,000 miles is along way to be hating your truck!

Years ago I used to sell a similar device, Velvet Ride, made my Spicer and they made a pretty noticeable difference for the $200 they were then. These Sulastic's are a way stronger design than the early Spicer units. They are claimed to have a 5-10 year life expectancy.....

I have driven to work 5 times so far and I can honestly say they will be worth the money! All the little square edged bumps are much dampened! The rear hits now feel much like the front axle. Can't wait to hook up.......