MSRP - Can it be posted on Heartland's Website?

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
It is too bad that Heartland cannot put together an MSRP right on its website. When I was looking for a new fifth wheel, some of the sites (Jayco was one for sure) had a "build your new Jayco" or something like that where the MSRP shown for the base model and was updated as you clicked on the various options. That would prevent dealers from comong up with their own MSRPs (after all, the dealers are not the manufacturers).

I received two different MSRPs on my Bighorn after ordering my unit as I needed this information for the credit union. And, the two were not even close. This from the same dealer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I would think the biggest problem would be the frequency that changes to the product are made might affect the MSRP. When I ordered out 3400 in April of 06, our dealer gave me a sheet for the 06 model year with all of the options available and the MSRP of everything, coach included. Once I picked our options, he gave me a price I was happy with and it was a done deal.

jpmorgan37

It wasn't that many years ago, before the implementation of the Monroney labels, that car and truck dealers created their own SRP stickers. Now the label is made at time of manufacture and any time the price changes, so does the sticker, but not on ones that have already been built. However, dealers still make up a "add on" label that can be supplemental to the Monroney label. That being said, a price that you get today, may be different from one you got last month or next month. So far, the RV industry has not been included under the Federal law that provides for the Monroney label. Also, one of the possibilities for differences in suggested retail can come from incentives, rebates or specials offered by a manufacturer to a dealer, or group of dealers, for various reasons.

John

3rpete

Msrp

I bought my '07 2500 Ram 6.7 from a dealer 85 miles away mainly because I could see the window sticker online and knew exactly what was on the truck without ever seeing it. Most other Dodge dealers didn't offer this
innovation, including some of the biggest ones in CA.
5th wheel dealers shouldn't be forced to do this by regulation, they should
do it on their own to give buyers a complete picture of what is on a coach. The MSRP sheet should be on the table in every unit that is on display at a dealer - some do this, some do not.
Most buyers today aren't afraid to buy something thousands of miles away if they have the info (MSRP & pictures) via the internet.
Dealers could show an add-on sheet for items they put on, like aluminum
wheels, Plasma TV's etc.
The innovative dealers will get on this, the lazy ones will not.
Pete

3rpete

Msrp

An amplification - by MSRP, I mean the "window sticker" or factory equipment list with prices.
Pete

cmart

Don't feel bad, I couldn't even get a MSRP sticker or label from my dealer, which I wanted so I could see if there were any options I got that I didn't know about. However, being overwhelmed by the 3055, I just wrote him a check and hopefully we'll live happily ever after.

jerr7

i wrote a reply it didnt take but ill make this short now i got 3 diff MSRPs fromt dealers all with same equipment and diff from fact
jerry

jpmorgan37

I think what you are saying is that you got three different DSRP, that is Dealer Suggested Retail Prices, with the same equipment. If the destination charges are equal, the price from the factory, for the same RV with the same equipment should be the same if all things are equal, ie, year, model, time of production, dealer ordered, etc. Don't confuse the suggested retail price that a dealer posts and the suggested price that Heartland gives to a dealer that most of us never see.

John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
the only way i got any msrp info was from the heartland CA rep who sent it to me upon request. as it stands he incl items in the msrp that i didnt even get, such as a high back chair. there was no msrp in the rig i picked up 2 days ago. i can tell u i got a heckava deal, based on talking to a guy with a 2008 3400RE in the same campground i am in tonight. He paid $5k more than me 3 months ago.

I called 3 different dealers for a quote on the 31BHD. The first 2 were 100 dollars apart and the 3rd (The dealer I had purchased my last unit from ) was $2500 more. Needless to say, for that price difference I drove 245 to get my unit and it was WELL WORTH IT!!!

jerr7

Im sorry your thought i ment DSRP i stated exactly what i ment it was MSRP and they were all different i approached them about it and never got a direct answer so im not dealing with anyone of them ill go a long distance before i deal with any dealer thats unscroupolus and just looking to squeeze you I been around the block before :)
jerry