Bunk Weight

bikencamp

I was wondering why the bunk weight was only 200. It there any way to increase it. Most comparible models will have a 250 to 300 lbs weight limit.

M

Mcreech

I've worked at 3 different RV companies an I can tell you there isn't any specific test for Bunk limits. The limits are set by our VP of Engineering and what he feels comfortable with. I can tell you we use a double stile mounted to the wall studding and it is as secure as any other product out there.....I would say this, go lay down on our bunks and then go to the others and see how the feel, if they give or feel sturdy.

Johnp322

Come to think of it the warning on the upper bunk in mine says only 150LBS. My daughter says when she climbs up she heard the wood creaking and she only weighs about 100LBS. So I would also be interested in increasing the weight limit.

M

Mcreech

There are options that the local dealer can do, if you feel that you need added support. I can tell you that we had several 200lbs+ people lay down in the bunks before we ok the design

sirjin

I realize this is an older thread, but I'm in the market in the NT 31BDSS or the NT 31QBS. What is the weight limit on all the bunk house models, particular the ones I mentioned? I see posts here stating the decision comes from the VP of engineering, to testing with weight over 200+. What is the definite answer? Thanks in advance.