Front Cargo Light

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a Bighorn 3400RE. I love the size of the front cargo area, however I would like to know who the character was that had the light mounted on the cargo celing and toward the front.

I am 64 yr old, 6'-3" and 230lbs. I have to bend down, lean into the cargo area and then turn around in the area to be able to turn the light on. I didn't even know it was there until a friend told me. I am to old and out of shape to to that..

Put a light on the inside either on the back wall or on the front wall to one side but not on the top to the front.

But I do love the room in the front cargo area. My Honda 2000's will sit in the cargo area front to back rather than sideways.

Love my Bighorn
BC

ChopperBill

BC, read this post I made on the storage bay light. If I were you I would just wire it up with a switch in another position and cure both problems.

Uncle Rog

I have seen the melted lens's in many rv's, old, new, wall mounted, ceiling mounted, hard lens and soft lens. Somebody must have an explanation as to why they go, power surge or the bulb is just too close, who knows?

retroxrider

I have seen the melted lens's in many rv's, old, new, wall mounted, ceiling mounted, hard lens and soft lens. Somebody must have an explanation as to why they go, power surge or the bulb is just too close, who knows?

I had some problems in mt last 5ver. Found out that the power converter was putting out 18 volts to the 12 volt system. My daughter was reading in bed and got scarred on the cheek when the lens melted and dripped on her. Very scary situation.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know there are a couple of other brands that have a "door switch". You open the cargo door and the light goes on. There is also a switch on the light so it can be turned off during the day should you need to keep the door open for any length of time. I would imagine this type of switch is available at Radio Shack.