• 45~55

Votes: 39 21.0%
  • 55~65

Votes: 58 31.2%
  • 65+

Votes: 70 37.6%

• Total voters

Boostable

Having a conversation with a couple people about "transitions" from one type of RV to the other and the conversation of age came up and how that translated to type of vehicle one might posses or purchase. Pull Behind, 5'er, Class A, etc.. , so that got me curious as to the average age of the Heartland owner. So without giving your age, have a vote.

I didn't see a poll like this before, so forgive me if I missed it.

danemayer

You may not get a scientifically valid result. Heartland sells a lot of smaller towable trailers and I'd guess a high percentage go to younger buyers. The larger 5th wheels are often the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th trailer purchased over a long period of time, probably leaning toward older buyers. Participation on the forum seems to be unevenly distributed, with a high percentage of 5th wheel owners. I'd expect results to be skewed based on forum participation.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
DH is "on the edge" of two of the groupings, but I'm in the lower one, so that's what I marked. ;)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
There are only two others in out group but we were the youngest owners at the national rally in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whp4262

I was probably 26 when I bought my first and last pickup camper. 28 or 29 when I bought a bumper pull. 34 when I bought my first 5th wheel. 45 when I bought our Class A and 54 when I bought the Cyclone. So not sure what group I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've had truck campers, pull behinds and several fifth wheels in 35 years. Had tents for years before that.

Sooo, I just checked my current age. (65+) :eek:..... DW is seven years younger. (55-65)

That's one thing about the HL group, I don't think most of us even think about age differences. At least I don't. Age is only a number.

Without younger folks joining the group, obviously the group would cease to exist at some point.

So yes, everyone is always very welcome, regardless of age! Trace

Last edited:

Seren

Bought our 1st RV a few months ago - Landmark (5'er) age 57

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mr_Black

41 & 39 here. Third Fifth wheel for us in 10 years.

This one will probably stick around the longest. Another 5 years I would reckon.

Heartlands don't grow on trees around this part of the country which is really dominated by Keystone's Cougar brand.

Manzan

73 & 74. Bought our first hard side in 1989, 48 & 49 at that time. The NT is our third in all that time and all have been about the same size due to parking restrictions at home. Would not mind having a big 5er but to enlarge the space we have to park one, it would cost more than the 5th wheel.

jbeletti

The last time I matched Club members up with ages, the average was 62. Like Dan pointed out, the results of course are a function of the pool surveyed. In my case above, I included only Club members. Club members tend to be predominately 5th wheel owners and predominately retired.

If Heartland had age statistics on all buyers, I know the average would be well less than 62, and the ratio of trailers to 5th wheels would be about equal.

JeromyS

33 and 35 here. Bought SOB TT at 27. Before that various tents until some drunk people fell into us while we slept at a state park. Purchased the Elkridge 37 ultimate 2 years ago. Already considering next 5ver.

Bighorn55

54 and 55 here. Purchased the Bighorn 7 years ago. Had a TT for 11 years before that. We both camped as kids, tents then popups

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
65 & 63 here. We have been camping together since our honeymoon 44 yrs ago. We have had pop ups , truck camper , TT, tents, and are now on our 3rd 5th wheel.

pegmikef

Last category here. We have been camping since our last deployment to Monterey, CA in the late sixties and have gone through tent trailers, a multitude of travel trailers (including a German caravan we used in Germany and Italy) and finally ended up with our fifth wheel last year. Would not change any of it