Cabinet Slide-out project - done

jbeletti

Got another project on my list done this past weekend. I wanted to better organize the pots and pans and make it easier to get them in and out.

The cabinet I have them in is my island cabinet. I took measurements months ago and had them stored in my palm pilot while I looked at slide-outs here and there.

Finally, at the Container Store, I found the perfect size slide-out frame and basket. Carried those supplies in my trailer for months!

Anyway, when I went to install it, I found that the shelf was lower than the horizontal stile. I suppose this is trailer standard so items sliding on the shelf don't fly out the cabinet doors but get caught at that lip.

I had, of all things, a black plastic cutting board (long story) begging to be used. I used it as a build-up board. I screwed it to the shelf from underneath, then screwed the slide-out frame to the top-side of the cutting board.

It was a little tough for me working on the floor in the aisle space between the oven and the island but it was time well spent. I may end up having to install a pin in the basket or frame if I find that it wants to slide out while under way.

Pics attached.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC00709.JPG
    DSC00709.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00714.JPG
    DSC00714.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 51