mattress

jerr7

i see most mattress in the Heartland are Foam not inner spring do they mean Memory foam or plain old reg foam anyone know
jerry

ChopperBill

We finally got tired of fooling around with toppers and other add-ons and bought a mattress just like in the house. Spring Air Verta-pedic. Its 6 inch of support foam and 4 inches of memory foam. A little pricey but after all this time its hard to put a price on comfort.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We finally got tired of fooling around with toppers and other add-ons and bought a mattress just like in the house. Spring Air Verta-pedic. Its 6 inch of support foam and 4 inches of memory foam. A little pricey but after all this time its hard to put a price on comfort.
Chopper, do you have a King or a Queen mattress? We want to replace our King but we can only go 70" wide X 80" long. That limits us to Verlo unless some other brand does custom sizes. We'd like an airbed but again, 70" limit:(.

ChopperBill

Ray we have the queen. Now that we have Nick, the wonder dog, not so sure the King wouldn't have been a good idea. I was going to demand either Nick or I, But I ain't to fond of sleeping on the couch! :eek:

jpmorgan37

Ray;

Have you called Select Aire? Seems to me I read somewhere that they were making an RV sized king. Maybe it was Camping World. Select Comfort
John

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Airbed Discounters will produce a dual chambered air bed to your exact specifications. That way it fits perfectly. Love ours and it's a lot cheaper than Select Comfort...

Trey

Bed in a box

All,

I was research mattress options this weekend too. Take a look at the following site. BASF product made in USA that is competing with Tempurpedic, at a much better price.

www.bedinabox.com

I noticed when looking at the site, they have model for RV's. I see one for the queen, but not king. However, the site says to call for more information on RV's, boats, etc.

Once our new 3300RL arrives, I will seriously be considering this mattress.

Trey

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Select Comfort/Camping World is a 72" wide mattress. No way will it fit in the slide out. I'll check on the other suggestions though. Thanks everyone!
We went to the Select Comfort store and checked out their mattresses. I'm impressed. In addition, there is enough give in the side bolsters that it will fit in the slide of our Bighorn. Squeeze it in then fill the air chambers. The King airbed at Camping world is 72" X 80" and since we looked at them I will be buying one when we get back to WI. That way we can store the factory mattress to put back in down the road.

woodenit

We've had a select comfort, at the house, for about ten years and love it. it started to get a little tired and we added a memory foam topper to it about 3 years ago. We'll be putting one in the 5er when we take delivery.
TJ

It's "closed cell" foam they way I understand it.

Hi there,

My husband and I bought a new mattress for a used trailer last year, and after researching "foam" as much as I did, I did find out the difference.
The RV queen that we purchased was made of poly foam...."closed" cell. The memory foam is considered "open" cell. Let me tell you what I know to be true.
The "poly" foam mattress must be absolutely the most comfortable mattress we've EVER slept on. We did put one of the "crate" toppers on it, but let me tell you, it's wonderfully supportive and slept almost too good every night. We never wanted to get out of bed!
The "memory" foam is very hard until your body heat heats it up, at which time it starts to mold to you. Sorry, we have a memory topper on our home bed, and are NOT impressed. We're very average size people, and the "memory" leaves a big dent in the topper. Also, it get HOT under your body!
We just ordered a new Big Horn and it was delivered yesterday and I was just thrilled to find out it is a "poly" mattress. We LOVE IT!!!
By the way, the poly queen we bought last year cost us $425.00 and we decided to sell the trailer and the new 5th has a King, not a Queen, so the lucky buyers are getting a wonderful, new mattress.
Bridget