PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Apollo 1/2 time convection microwave

Bobby A
09-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Well it seems the original Apollo has died this morning, to be honest I'm surprised it last this long (5 years). This is the 1st generation of micro, 1/2 time, convection ovens that were introduced in 2010 in the Bighorn, its a smaller unit then the ones now, 20 1/2 inches long and 11 1/4 high, does anyone know of a replacement of that size that I can get from a big box store for a replacement ?? I thought I recall a couple years back where someone posted that they found a replacement that fit in the original area with minimal modifications. My wife loves the convection feature so the new one will have to have that function. Thanks,

JohnDar
09-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Although our Apollo is still working fine, if you find a replacement for yours, I'd be interested for future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450
09-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I replaced mine with a conventional Sharp R-309Y which fit the existing black bezel exactly. The plastic foot mounting hardware had to be modified some. I carry a DeLonghi Tabletop Convection Oven/Broiler/Rotisserie on my countertop that fills in for the convection oven function.

Here is a link to the DeLonghi oven:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/delonghi-0-7-cu-ft-rotisserie-convection-oven-black/9155148.p?id=1218038122364&skuId=9155148

Bobby A
09-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I replaced mine with a conventional Sharp R-309Y which fit the existing black bezel exactly. The plastic foot mounting hardware had to be modified some. I carry a DeLonghi Tabletop Convection Oven/Broiler/Rotisserie on my countertop that fills in for the convection oven function.

Here is a link to the DeLonghi oven:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/delonghi-0-7-cu-ft-rotisserie-convection-oven-black/9155148.p?id=1218038122364&skuId=9155148

Thanks for the model number and link Bill, that's good info.

Garypowell
09-07-2014, 09:53 PM
I did mine too long ago to remember model number but found a conv/micro combo that fit at a big box store. Once you get into it you'll realize there is an extra cooling fan involved.

I unhooked this from Apollo and simply put a separate switch to turn it on we used the convection side.

Bobby A
09-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Although our Apollo is still working fine, if you find a replacement for yours, I'd be interested for future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are down hear in Fl. and there is a company call HH Greg its an appliance store, that had a unit that would fit without a lot of modifying it was a Sharp 900 watt Model # R820JS it was under 300 bucks. We called Apollo and the guy Mike was GREAT to help me trouble shoot my old one. After a lot of time troubleshooting and taking my old one apart he said he could sent me parts to repair it but we figured for a 5 year old unit what else might go bad so we decided to buy a new one from him, he said it will fit right in with no modifications so we went with that. As Garypowell said in post # 5 when you get a new one from a big box store you will have to modify the fan and duct work that these ones for RV's come with. It would of been doable though. Just passing along information.