Replacing the Apollo 1/2 time convection microwave

Bobby A

Well it seems the original Apollo has died this morning, to be honest I'm surprised it last this long (5 years). This is the 1st generation of micro, 1/2 time, convection ovens that were introduced in 2010 in the Bighorn, its a smaller unit then the ones now, 20 1/2 inches long and 11 1/4 high, does anyone know of a replacement of that size that I can get from a big box store for a replacement ?? I thought I recall a couple years back where someone posted that they found a replacement that fit in the original area with minimal modifications. My wife loves the convection feature so the new one will have to have that function. Thanks,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Although our Apollo is still working fine, if you find a replacement for yours, I'd be interested for future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby A

Garypowell

I did mine too long ago to remember model number but found a conv/micro combo that fit at a big box store. Once you get into it you'll realize there is an extra cooling fan involved.

I unhooked this from Apollo and simply put a separate switch to turn it on we used the convection side.

Bobby A

Although our Apollo is still working fine, if you find a replacement for yours, I'd be interested for future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are down hear in Fl. and there is a company call HH Greg its an appliance store, that had a unit that would fit without a lot of modifying it was a Sharp 900 watt Model # R820JS it was under 300 bucks. We called Apollo and the guy Mike was GREAT to help me trouble shoot my old one. After a lot of time troubleshooting and taking my old one apart he said he could sent me parts to repair it but we figured for a 5 year old unit what else might go bad so we decided to buy a new one from him, he said it will fit right in with no modifications so we went with that. As Garypowell said in post # 5 when you get a new one from a big box store you will have to modify the fan and duct work that these ones for RV's come with. It would of been doable though. Just passing along information.