New 37 ultimate owners

My wife and I just took delivery of our new 2014 elkridge 37 ultimate. Any one have any suggestions on what to expect in the first few months of ownership?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have an ElkRidge, but I imagine that it would be no different than any other rig.
Be sure to use everything in the rig. More than once if possible.

One thing that I did when our rigs were new is that every time it rained I crawled around and checked under every window to check for dampness. In fact I still do that.
Best to catch a leak early rather than when the floor is rotted out.

So, what can you expect? Don't know, but don't be surprised by any problem.
Things can and do happen.

And remember, the Heartland Owners Forum members are here for you should any questions arise.

Have fun with your new rig.

Peace
Dave

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We have had our 37 Ultimate for 2 months and love it. The trailer and floorplan are great, but definitely needs some tweaks. Light switch on the wrong side of the door in bunk room, poor lighting in bathroom, air vent right over the thermostat for 2nd AC in bedroom (cursing short cycle), open cabinets in kitchen, no doors, just open areas. All of these are small minor items and are overshadowed by how many great the trailer is.

What color cabinet wood do you have in your 2014? If it is the dark cherry wood, I have extra doors that I can help you out with.

Went from this
3yidl.jpg

To this
vqtlkg.jpg

Enjoy the new trailer!!
Jamie

Thanks for the info. We can't wait to take ours on it first voyage! It's way bigger than the 2006 wildwood tag along with no slides we sold! It's has the dark cherry wood as well. The doors you installed look great

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It is definitely a huge trailer. We do not carry enough stuff to
fill 1/2 the storage. I was uncertain about the outside kitchen, but I'll be the first to admit.......I love it. We have used it every trip out so far. It is Great.

We have walked threw a couple of times and found a few small issues for warranty to repair. nothing major but I think we will enjoy the coach.

jimtoo

Call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN handy and maybe even pictures of where you want to install the doors.

Jim M