Salt in the wound! (RV break in)

ILH

Some of you may have read about my blowmax experience while on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Essentially the tire blew and ripped off the trailer skirt/fender. I also decided to replace all the tires with upgraded G614s.

This morning my task was to take the trailer to the dealership to begin the repair process. I keep my trailer in a secure facility with barbed wire fence and coded entry. There is also a full time guard living on premises.

When I got there I noticed the my trailer's rear passenger garage window was smashed, with a brick lying on the ground below. Both door locks were totally ruined (but not opened). Apparently they couldn't open the doors and tried the window - but probably looked inside the empty garage of the toy hauler.

My insurance company and I have a love / hate relationship. :mad:

scottyb

Re: Salt in the wound!

That's horrible. Sorry to hear this. That is the kind of activity that will make your blood boil.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, but at least they didn't trash the inside, too.

Westwind

That really stinks! Why a have not has to damage someone else's property in order to steal always ticked me off.

Jim.Allison

Unfortunately we live in a society that knows no boundaries. These people cost us so much in productivity. They want to steal things that they can get $15 for at a hock shop, but it cost you and your insurance company $1000s to replace. It takes us 50k in labor to support one drug habit. You could have given them $50 just to leave your rig alone, they would have been better off and so would you.

Sorry this happened to you!!!!!

rjr6150

My thoughts are with you. Had the same thing happen in our locked garage. Broke the door lock to get in and destroyed baggage doors along with entry door getting in. $3,500 later we now have the unit alarmed and monitored with ADP.

Snow

⛄️I know you should forgive and forget but I would love to walk up on someone try to get in my house ,rv ,car etc I have a lot of stress over the years I could release. god have mercy on them . Stealing someone's hard earned things is about as low as you can get ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

That sucks. BTW, where was the "security guard"?? Breaking out a window isn't quiet. I never figured out why insurance companies get so upset about a claim. You are paying them for this kind of thing. You never have a claim in 20 years, you file one, they raise your rates or cancel you. So....where is all the money you have payed them???

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

Bad news! I saw many of these during my career in LE. If you only had damage and nothing stolen, it will make the Police job harder. The crooks will usually take the stolen item(s) to a pawn shop, making it easier to recover your property and arrest them. Be sure to check with your storage lot for videos.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

That sucks. BTW, where was the "security guard"?? Breaking out a window isn't quiet. I never figured out why insurance companies get so upset about a claim. You are paying them for this kind of thing. You never have a claim in 20 years, you file one, they raise your rates or cancel you. So....where is all the money you have payed them???

Funny how insurance companies will pay more to NOT pay the claim than what the cost of damaged or stolen items turns out to be . . .

Been there . . . done that!

sengli

Thats is terrible to hear. We live near a lot of big dealers. I have often wondered why they leave all the coaches all unlocked all the time, on the lot. They told me with the TV's removed there isnt much for anyone to steal. If they leave the doors on the trailers.. unlocked they thieves wont break or damage the doors when they want in.