ATF: MPG - Tail light help

mcbam

Okay, so I call Heartland and tell them that the left taillights comes on, but no turn signal. He tells me "just pop off the chrome frame to change the bulb". After 30 minutes wrestling with that, I discover that there is no bulb, it is a complete led unit.

So what now? I have not tried removing the red lens yet because I suspect the entire assembly needs to be replaced, or are just some of the leds replaceble? Is this some other possible problem?

Leaving to go cross country tomm - urgent help needed
Thanks!

danemayer

Hi mcbam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. One thing you might do is call back and ask Heartland to ship you a new light assembly next day air. You might have to pay extra, but it probably doesn't weigh too much, so it might be worthwhile.

mcbam

Hi mcbam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. One thing you might do is call back and ask Heartland to ship you a new light assembly next day air. You might have to pay extra, but it probably doesn't weigh too much, so it might be worthwhile.

I wish I had jumped on this sooner - I waited to the last minute thinking it would be a standard bulb.

Am I right about this being a sealed assembly versus an led bulb replacement?

Is this taillight peculiar to mpg, or might I find it at an rv service center?
Thanks for the help

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hi mcbam,

Don't rule out that your truck connection may be at fault . . .

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You might be able to find one at a RV store. Look around on the internet. The lights should have the maker of them. Also as a foot note....most newer trucks/SUV's have a seperate fuse for trailer lights. Sometimes they are seperate for right and left. Get a test light and see if you have 12V to the lamp for taillights at the plug, if you do, you need a new lamp assembly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your light assembly is LED's it is unlikely that they will fail this soon.
As Bob mentioned be sure that you have 12 volts getting to the light.
Start at the truck plug and work your way back.

Peace
Dave