Trailer Hitch Mounting

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have a 2007 Landmark Golden Gate. I am wanting to mount a trailer hitch on the rear of the coach. Is is possible? Does the stabilizer have to be removed and remounted? Any suggestions are appreciated. I would like to pull a small (8 foot enclosed trailer) behind the coach.

arcweldr76

I'm looking to do the same thing on my new BH after I take possession, but am worried about it voiding warranties. Hope you get some replies!

2010augusta

Here are some past discussions on mounting rear hitches.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=5837
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=315

ope this helps some.

caissiel

I just finished mounting my $30.00 hitch receiver on the back of my 3500RL BC. I bolted everything to the rear bumper and the stabalizer bar. I will use it to hold my bike rack so it will only have about 100 Lbs of carry. The stabalizers are designed to hold the weight when the trailer is parked, so the bumper hitch will hold the weight when traveling. I am an engineer and always design steel system with pull or push and avoid twisting forces, I try not to use twisting forces because it create very high stresses on welds. I see all the hitches described here create a twist of some sort on the frame ends. On my previous trailer I pulled my 90 Miata on the back with a simillar design hitch.