Roof Leak?

Greetings...We have a 2014 North Trail (purchased new in July 2013.) We've had some pretty heavy rains in the past few weeks. Last weekend, during a heavy downpour, I noticed that one of our pillows on the bed was wet. Found that water was dripping from the wall mounted "nightlight" which is mounted directly above the pillow area of the bed (on the curved wall/front cap area.)
My guess is the water is coming in where the front cap meets the roof line, but I haven't had a chance to get on the roof to inspect. Does anyone have a recommendation as to a roof sealant or caulk that I can use along the front cap/roof junction?

jnbhobe

I would get some 6 in Eterna Bond tape and put it over the whole seam then you never have to worry about it again just check it

f250dieseldad

I agree with Jon. I had a leak that was coming in the rear window. Could not find the problem so I ran six inch Eterna bond across the rear cap seam and problem solved.

porthole

Retired
I just taped my seams before our current trip. IIRC the 50' roll was $49

And a lot easier then cleaning out the old caulk and re-leveling.

Thanks all...I picked up a roll of the EternaBond tape today. The kit I bought came with a 6" X10' roll of the tape, 4 oz. tube of Eterna caulk, scouring pad and a smoothing tool for $44. If I weren't in such a hurry to get this thing patched, I would have searched for or ordered the longer roll for the same $$$.

f250dieseldad

Also get yourself some kind of roller. I used a small one inch wood roller to help press out some small air bubbles.

eddylives

We had a massive leak in heavy rain that flooded the front storage and bedroom floor.
It turned out to be a marker light up front up high was not sealed properly or at all from the factory.......the dealer repaired and dried out the trailer after I insisted they would be replacing anything moldy at their expense in the near future.