What's new in Big Country? A Side Patio.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
View attachment 2750C305-3198-4918-BF46-BAA8C5EBA959.jpegThursday, September 11, 2014
Heartland RVs integrated a side patio onto its front living area of its recently launched 3900FLP Big Country high-profile fifth wheel, according to a news release.
The adjoining patio is situated just off the kitchen area of the 41-foot, five-slide 3900FLP. The patio adds more than 70 square feet of living space that includes a flat-screen TV and exterior sound system.

“The 3900FLP caters to the indoor/outdoor lifestyle of today’s RVers,” said General Manager Joel Eberlein, noting the coach is debuting this week at America’s Largest RV Show in Hershey, Pa., and also will be shown at the Elkhart County RV Open House Extravaganza.

The side patio is built with a spring assist allowing for raising and lowering by one person and has a 1,500-pound capacity and aluminum side rails that are quick to set up and take down.

jbeletti

Re: What's new? Side Patio

I saw this unit today at the show and spent some time on the patio. Pretty cool.

Majestic

We like the concept, no sure I would want it on a Lippert frame though, I see lots of potential structural issues.

Crumgater

Where do people take these that they have that much side room for a patio?

Can you use the unit without putting the patio out, or does it make the kitchen/living area feel like a cave?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Wife and I spent some time in it on Saturday at the Hershey RV show. I could take or leave the side patio, but the front living room concept was absolutely beautiful. I can see where the side patio would have its benefits, but it seems to be limited to only three or four people. I think I would sooner have the TV in the front basement and everyone could gather around in their camping chairs. Just my opinion.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Sounds like HL is trying to offer a unit similar to the Open Range rig that had a fold down patio. Different strokes for different folks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

70 sq. ft. Of "living" space? Technically, I guess. Very interesting, not something I will be looking into, however.

ks2000us

In the 2016 they added a foot support on the outside edge of the patio to keep it from bending as well as additional support