Slide Out

Longshot1

Just bought a 21FBS trailer. Will pick it up in a couple of days. Read the booklet that comes with the trailer. It says that the slide can be move in manually if the battery or else fails, but doesn't say or show you how. So I'll ask how do yo do it? Thanks Marty

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't know what type of slide mechanism comes with the Heartland travel trailers but. If it's electric, there will be a manual crank mechanism under the trailer near the slide out. I think on the opposite side. If it's hydraulic, there is a way to use an electric or cordless drill to turn the pump. Your dealer should explain this procedure when you do your walk through.

We just purchased a 31RED with 2 slides and during our PDI i was sure to ask this question. The dealer said that he was not sure and would let me know when they found out themselves. North Trail is a new product line for them so they haven't found out all the ins and outs of them yet. I'm sure he will find out for us because they are a fantastic dealer.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
This has been a topic of discussion before, on the forum. If you do a search, you should find a bit about it.
Fred