Rv wholesalers

My wife and I purchased a Elkridge 37 ultimate from RV wholesalers and it seems there customer service is nonexistent after the sale. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience? How much warranty claim trouble is to be expected?

danemayer

Hi Richie9180,

Are you having a problem getting warranty service? You don't have to use the selling dealer. With prior approval from Heartland, you can have warranty work done by independent service shops, or by a mobile RV tech (you pay the travel charges), or by non-Heartland dealers.

If you're asking how many warranty issues to expect, it's unpredictable.

I have some warranty issues and a shipping damage issue that the driver claims was already there when he left the lot. They won't respond to e-mails! I plan on taking it to my local heartland dealer for repairs I hope I don't have to many issues with the RV or with getting them addressed at my local dealer!

danemayer

I have some warranty issues and a shipping damage issue that the driver claims was already there when he left the lot. They won't respond to e-mails! I plan on taking it to my local heartland dealer for repairs I hope I don't have to many issues with the RV or with getting them addressed at my local dealer!
Sorry to hear about the shipping damage. If the transport driver saw the damage before he left the lot, I would think that he would had someone at the dealership acknowledge that in writing so that he wouldn't be blamed for the damage.

Try calling the dealer - not every organization is prepared to respond to email communications.

Ladiver

Richie,

I am sorry to hear that you have issues. I also purchased from RV Wholesalers. Luckily, I did not have damage, but there will always be work to be done. Thankfully, Heartland is easy to deal with. My experience with RV Wholesalers is similar to yours. They are very responsive trying to make the sale but when you need anything afterwards, they are gone. When I asked about their service network, before the sale, they said they would include a packet with the trailer. After the sale, the story changed to "any Heartland dealer"! Well, I know the dealers around here are terrible. That is why I went with RV Wholesalers.

Long story short, the money saved from buying through them makes it worthwhile to find a little RV repair man. Heartland will work with you on any warranty issue. Just make sure you talk to them first. As for the damage before delivery, I think you may be on your own. I remember seeing some paperwork that said if ANY damage, we needed to refuse delivery and have it sent back. By accepting delivery, they feel the trailer must be perfect!

Good luck. This forum is a wealth of information. USE IT!

Jeff

Thanks that's what I expected! As you said I saved a considerable amount purchasing from rv wholesalers. The damage is no more than a scratched decal and a missing sewage cap not big deals. I am just disappointed in their customer service.