Heater not working!

TXTiger

I am currently in Custer State Park and we had some early snow. I was running my heater for 2 days and all was well. My propane bottle on the off door side ran out and I switched to the other bottle on the door side. I pulled the lever from the right to the left and opened the knob on the bottle. My heater now comes on for a min and then shuts off. I checked the burners on the stove and they will light but they too now turn off in less than a min. (the stove was working fine b4 also) I turned the knob on the propane bottle off and then unhooked the hose from the bottle and heard the woosh and smelled propane. I reconnected the hose and SLOWLY opened the knob. They problem still persists. Heater and stove will work for a min and then shut off. This must indidcate that the flow of propane has a problem. I am sure that it is a full bottle. I have a gage on it that reads full. I also and heard the woosh and smelled the propane when I unhooked the hose. I reopened it slowly so as not to get a vapor lock. What am I doing wrong?

jimtoo

Hi Tony,

Trade sides with your propane bottles and try running your heater. If it works, then you have a bad regulator on the door side or a buildup of wax/oil in the line connecting the two bottles. I remember someone found a waxy/oily deposit in a low spot in that line before.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

jimtoo

Thanks Jim. I switched sides and now have heat.

Your welcome Tony,,, just send your service advice payment ,,, or ,,, just hold it till we meet again..:) :)

Let us know what you end up doing.. blowing hose out.. replace regulator...OK?

Jim M