A lot of water Below

msleeper

Hi all,
This morning there was a lot of water in the forward underbelly....
I took loose a portion of the black cover right below the framing and drained the water out...Then with a flashlight looked in there trying to see "something" as the water sourse....
I ran water, put water in the holding tank and can't find the sourse...
Anyone else have a situation like this....? :confused:
Thanks
Msleeper

hertzberg

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be a leak at the water heater inlet line, which I fixed easily by hand tightening. Check behind the access panel in the storage compartment.

Uncle Rog

We had several leak issues when the unit was first delivered, the foremost were water heater connections. It is a good idea to open 'er up and get familiar with what the lines / valves etc. look like. In our unit the panel at the UDC, when removed, exposes most of the system. The toughest leak for me to find was in the shower, the access panel below the valves did not seal and only leaked when the water was pointed directly on the top! A fella named Bill, prior to use, discovered that the sani-flush connection was not connected at the tank connection, worth checking. Last but not least I used a 1/4" bit to penetrate the liner at a few of the low spots just to check for any sneaky leaks.

ChopperBill

Yep my water connections at the water heater leaked also. I thing it is from getting the tank up to full bore when using it. The expansion contraction deal. Pretty hard to duplicate that environment at the factory or the dealer on PDI. I am the Bill with the un-hooked sani-flush hose. Caught two problems in one area.

fivernine

Same water heater leakage problem on my '08 Landmark. Inlet and outlet leaking. I would like to see less plumbing hanging horizontally on the plastic pipe threads. I am going to unload some of this stress by doing a bit of replumbing.

My problem is finding the double-wall flex tubing they use. Neither our local RV dealer nor mobile home dealer carry it. Anyone know where I can order a few feet of this tubing?

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Fivernine, check with Lowes, Home Depot and True Value Hwd. stores. I've seen it at all 3 locations.
I'm also going to do a little re-plumbing on my 3670 also.
Bill

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We too had water in the cargo bay...ours turned out to be the threaded connection on the back of the UDC where the city water connection comes thru the back of the docking station. The water was dripping and running down the hose and coming out under the partition between the cargo area and "basement" where all the connections are. Just had to tighten it up and all has been well ever since.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had two cases of water standing. One was under the sink. I tightened the drain pipes under the sink. Second was in the basement. Found that it came from a water hose I had stored inside. I had placed quick disconnects on the hose and apparently unless they are under pressure they will leak some of the water left in the hose. Hope that was all the problems.

My bigger plumbing problem is the one that continues with the Fresh water not filling. Found threads that indicated the vent hose was causing the problem. Also I may have been filling it to fast. Work in progress..

BC

pickuphunt

Water below

We too had water 'below'. It was the connection on the water heater. It was a very slow d r i p. Luckily we store everything in plastic tubs. It was a leak where a plastic check valve was used, replaced it with a brass one. Heartland is paying for the part (I haven't gotten the check yet) and the dealer, Noble RV Owatonna MN, paid the service call.

jbeletti

fivernine,

If the tubing you are looking for came with your trailer, then your dealer should be able to order some from Heartland Dealer Services. Take a nice, in-focus picture of the tubing, email it to your dealer. Tell them how many feet you need and ask for a price and lead time to receive it.

Jim

linuxkidd

Another water down below story... Mine was a combination of things..

1. Most of the twist on connections for the pressurized water system weren't torqued enough. ( This may have been amplified by the fact that I ran w/o a pressure regulator for a short time on city water ).

2. The clamps on the back of the UDC that connect to the 2 winterization valves were oversized and not clamping properly. Replaced with smaller clamps.

3. The last thing, and ultimately the source of MOST of the water.. Turned out was the seal around the pressure switch on the front of the SHURflo 5.7 water pump. I removed the 4 screws securing it to the pump.. Cleaned everything with lint free towels and put it back together...

Since I corrected these items, I have no more water below.. :)

Hope this helps!
LK

vrugt

I had all of the mentioned problems. The 3600RL is very well put together except what you cannot see; sloppy work and obviously no quality control. I suggest HL starts some quality program such as zero-fault, 6 sigma etc.

I replaced the screws on the panels that separate the plumbing area from the storage area with regular fence hinges and locking hinges. It saves time.

After retightening all connections I still see a little drip in the belly. I guess it may be condensation. We had warm humid weather in the Florida State parks. The tank sensors were going haywire also, probably a little condensation in the tanks too.

PS It just occured to me that all of these problems seem to be quite recently. Did HL get a new team of plumbers on the job, maybe?

rvv

Upon delivery my 3912 had a "part time" leak draining from the underbelly. The shower drain was not connected. If your leak is intermittent, you might check there. rvv

fivernine

Thanks Jim. I'll follow your advice on getting the hose.

bsummit, thanks for your advice, but I didn't have much luck at big hardware stores in my area. They have braided vinyl hose, but not lined for fresh water.

retroxrider

fivernine,

If the tubing you are looking for came with your trailer, then your dealer should be able to order some from Heartland Dealer Services. Take a nice, in-focus picture of the tubing, email it to your dealer. Tell them how many feet you need and ask for a price and lead time to receive it.

Jim

I don't have access to my rig at the moment, but the tubing used in our units is "Plumb-PLEX" a type of Pex tubing by Uponor. A special tool is needed to make the connections with this tubing (to make the correctly anyway) and there are special fitting too, or at least the type we use at my job requires them. BUT as I stated, I can't go look at the tubing so I may well be mistaken about the connections. My old Sierra had Pex and had crimp rings at teh connections - can't remember what the BH has.

Phil

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
Outside Shower & Water Heater

We had the same problem while on our maiden voyage. I pulled out the rear off door side panel in the basement storage area and founf leaks at the water heater and the outside shower connections. All were removed, checked and then retightened by hand. No more leaks. It is amazing what you find when you get in there and look around. I found some other future problem spots I fixed and did some cleaning up (saw dust, drill shavings, etc...) while I was in there. Still have a problem with the black water tank flush not flowing any water but will have the dealer work on fixing that one. Hope your problem is no more serious than ours was! Loving our 3370! :D