Road Warrior - Can I Reverse the Glass Slider? YES

duramac

On the 2014 310 I just got it seems the glass slider between the living area and the garage would benefit greatly being installed in the opposite direction.
Currently the sliding door is on the left side of the rig. When the living area slide out is IN it blocks off the access between the 2 areas.
If the slider was installed in reverse with the slider on the kitchen side then if I wanted to travel with my 14" kayak it would fit in the garage and fit through the open slider into the living area AND there would also be access between the two areas when traveling.
I noticed on some larger models the slider was indeed installed in the opposite direction.
My question if it's not obvious by now would be can I dismantle the glass slider and reinstall the other way?

szewczyk_john

Re: ATF: Road Warrior - Can I Reverse the Glass Slider?

There was another thread that reported that a cyclone or road warrior had done just that and it was for the same reason as you stated, access to garage when slide out was in.

Blue Oval

Just bought a 2014 RW 310 and has the dealer swap the doors for me. There is no rhyme or reason to which way they install them from the factory. I looked at half a dozen online and it's was 50/50.

duramac

Well, it sure sux to be me.. I mentioned that to the dealer and they basically said..go for it.. did not offer to help at all. Good to know its a possibility on some rigs so Ill definitely check it out before I take her out! Thanks for ya help. I'll scout some for the other thread too.

Ladiver

We had it done on our Cyclone 3100. It is possible.

duramac

I guess I have a project this winter then :) Thanks to all!

kasey200

i did this to our 3100 Cyclone. i don't have any pictures but it was very simple. Took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

duramac

Thanks all! DONE! I now have a much more practical slider! Pretty straight forward too. :)

Blue Oval

I had my dealer swap the doors under warranty. Like someone else mentioned there is no rhyme or reason on how these doors are installed. Actually ended up causing me a lot of trouble when the front door lock broke on my camper. I could get into the back cargo area and open the sliding door but the slides were in so my entry was blocked. Had they been reversed I would have been able to walked right in and open the slides and the front door. Not an issue anymore.