underbelly material

captpfd

Probably not the correct place to post this one but let's give it a try. I am losing the black plastic corrugated material that attaches to the underbelly of my toyhauler. It is 8' wide and approximately 20' long. I tried calling Heartland but they have not gotten back with me, still searching. I did a google search and found companies here in Dallas that sell the stuff but only in 5' x 12' pieces max. Anyone have any input on this one? Thx.

danemayer

Hi captpfd,

I'm not sure what you mean by "losing" the coroplast, but you can probably by the length you need from any local RV dealer. If they don't have it on hand, I'd expect they can get it from a regional supplier pretty quickly.

You can also buy it from Heartland. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready and ask for the parts department. I think it runs about $10/linear foot plus shipping. If you're a member of the Owners Club, you'll get a 10% discount.

When it comes time to remove and replace the screws holding the coroplast to the frame, you'll find an impact wrench to be much better than a ratchet/socket wrench.

wdk450

Its called coroplast

Do a websearch on Coroplast to find other sources. Supposedly it is available also from sign shops that use it for signs. Home Depot has 4 X 8 sheets of it listed on their website, but only in white color. The one time shipping may make finding a local source much more desireable. I found the self-threading screws and flat wahsers at Lowes (but not Home Depot for some reason). Any new screws will require a pilot hole to be drilled in the steel framing.

This website has some zippers and heavy duty duct type tape for underbelly repairs: http://mobilehomedepotmi.com/mh_catalog1/underbellyvapor.html

captpfd

I did the search and yes I found Coroplast. All the dealers in the Dallas area only sold in smaller sheets 5' x 8' max plus they didn't want to sell to me. Hearland also suggested I contact a local Heartland dealer. I did that but they didn't offer to help me in ordering it either and said they didn't stock it and it would be a special order. OK! So I am going back to Heartland Parts Department for a quote on shipping. It is $9.75 a foot but the person in parts said it was only 78" wide and I think mine 96" I will measure tonight to make sure.

branson4020

Icantre Member
If you are replacing the entire underbelly, add some wooden crossmembers and use the 5 x 8 sections. It will make it much easier to access stuff in the future.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
"the person in parts said it was only 78" wide and I think mine 96" I will measure tonight to make sure."

78" is probably correct as the frame rails on my BH are just over 6 ft. BH is 98" overall width thereabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captpfd

Great information guys, still waiting for a return call on shipping quote from Heartland, but it might be easier to drive into Dallas and buy those 5 x 8 footers and piece it together for future access. Thanks.

danemayer

A few years ago I was in an Interstate Plastics in Austin that had 4x8 sheets. I don't think they called it Coroplast, but they recognized the term "corrugated plastic".

There's probably a location in the Dallas area.