Unlabeled TV Connectors

We have a 2014 Silverado, and in the UDC there is two coax jacks, and neither one of them is labeled. We are thinking about Dish network and a tailgater antenna and not sure which one of the connectors it should go on.

thanks

Garypowell

I would purchase a "toner". About $40 at a big box place like Home Depot. I am sure someone can tell you how theirs is wired but a toner will allow you to trace this and every other line you have. The need for this is right behind a good volt meter.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I ran into the same thing on my Silverado. On mine the back connector is the satellite hookup.

GOTTOYS

Mine were labeled...after about $60.00 worth of cables and a tracer and a couple days of frustration tearing everything apart before I bought the tracer..I found they were mislabeled. Now didn't that make me happy!...Don

Has anyone found that the basement jack was connected wrong? I traced one of the white cables from the splitter to the bedroom and booster. Not sure where the other goes yet, but the jack in the basement is connected to the input on the splitter. what I am trying to accomplish is putting my tailgater coax in the basement to watch out doors. Maybe I should just run the coax to the converter and HDMI to the TV. I have 4 different colors of coax; Black, White, Orange and Gray. Black, white and Gray, in the bedroom at booster, black and orange (two Jacks) at living room TV and white in basement with a splitter behind the wall.

Thanks for any help you can provide

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Jim, Here's a link to the library's coax layout for the silverado. If you only have two coax outputs it looks like the left one is for cable TV and the right hand one for a dish (like the tailgator). Worst case is you might have to swap them.

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/.../2012-2013_SILVERADO_Coax_Layout-FEL-5094.pdf

Your link for the Silverado coax is not correct. Their is only 2 connections in the UDC and there is no wiring above for a sat dish.
It may be correct for the Big Horn Silverado before it changed to be branded by its self. Anyway, only 2 connections in UDC.