2015 torque 321

cellman

How do you know when the fresh water tank is full? We come from Forest River products and they have a vent hose underneath that water comes out when the tank is full so I thought water would come out the little vent hole by the hose connection but nothing. I see water leaking from under the camper as we go down the road and the fresh water gauge is reading full. I started to pull the underbelly off so I could see what was going on and it looks like there are 2 fresh water tanks. Is that right?? Are the vent hoses for both tanks tied together??? I don't think I should have water leaking under the camper unless the tank vents are not connected properly.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
If you don't get a answer fron another Torque owner then call Heartland customer service line and see if they can help. Have your Vin # ready when you call.

Let us know what you find out as it may help others.

danemayer

Hi cellman,

I think many of the toy haulers do use 2 fresh water tanks. They're linked together with a transfer hose.

Do you have the 4-way Anderson Valve where you hook up the campground water to the water inlet and set the valve to TANK in order to fill the fresh tanks?

The tanks may have overflow lines on one or both sides. Often the overflow line on the doorside terminates with a 90 degree fitting near the front steps. If the tanks are full, water may slosh around and come out the overflow lines.

There was another owner a few months ago who found that the overflow line was mistakenly left inside the underbelly and was allowing water to accumulate there.

cellman

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will be taking the underbelly off when we are done camping for the year and find out what's going on. I wanted to add a backup camera anyway so I guess I will do it at the same time. It's odd how they will use different length of screws by cutting them off so they don't drill through the wiring. There's got to be a better way to tie the wiring up underneath. I can see that project taking several days.

GMCaddic

My dealer told me it has a vent on each side of the tank no hose so the water drips down the sides. Well that is kind of dumb . I am going to take the underbelly down and run a couple of hoses to the bottom.