Entertainment System Mod/Rewiring - done

jbeletti

Hi all,

When my coach was built, I had the factory pull a set of speaker wires from the entertainment cabinet to the basement storage compartment into an empty box with a blank wall plate, next to the TV jack down there.

My thought was that down the road, I "may" want to set a small pair of weather resistant speakers outside or at least on the storage compartment and listen to music or what have you, playing from the main entertainment system inside the coach.

Well, I finally got to this project - and more. I added a speaker wall plate in place of the blank plate and I added a volume control in a new box next to the speaker jack box. Speaker wall plate went perfectly. Cutting in the volume control box took a bit more work. Finished project looks good. No speakers yet to test it!

I added a satellite receiver to my entertainment cabinet in July. I had an extra VCR at home and added it at the same time. Well, it was time to hook all this stuff up and then some.

Because the supplied home theater DVD receiver has no video switching capability, I used an A/V switcher that I had at home to switch all my video sources, one at a time, into the main TV set's A/V inputs. Using Y adapters on the output of that switcher, I connected a cheap RF modulator and used it to feed the bedroom/basement TV jacks.

With that done, I can now easily switch between DVD, VCR and Satellite. I keep my main TV switched to Video 1 to do this. I also get all of these sources on the bedroom TV and one day, the basement TV if I add one.

While I had all this wiring going on, I added a cable to the Aux 1 audio input of the DVD receiver. This cable wil lbe used to play the iPod MP3 player through the stereo system if desired.

Finally, I used an A/B/C speaker selector that I had at home to switch the front speakers so I could route it to the basement speaker jacks when desired.

Whew. I'm done (for now)!

Pics attached.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC00742.JPG
    DSC00742.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00753.JPG
    DSC00753.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 79