Light button on remote

What light is the button on the remote supposed to turn on? All of the lighting works using the indoor control center but nothing comes on when pressing the button on the remote.

jimtoo

Do you have step light and/or porch light switches on your control panel/switch panel? Are they on?

The lights all work when you use the control panel. Just not when you use the remote. The step light, scare light, awning light. All of the exterior lighting works just not with the remote

danemayer

The step light used to be controlled solely by the remote - no switch in the control panel. If the switch was put back, maybe the remote function has been removed and the change to programming on the remote is lagging.

MCTalley

On our Big Country, the two scare lights are operated by the button on the remote. But we have no interior hard switches for those lights, so that's an obvious difference. I suspect if you turned on the remote, stand inside your trailer when it is quiet and push the light button on the remote repeatedly, you'd probably hear a relay clicking in the coach control center.

pegmikef

Mine operates the orange light behind the steps. There is no switch for it inside. We never use it because we have the automatic porch light.

dfk009

The light bulb switch on the remote on Elkridge's, turns on the 2 scare lights on the outside. An Elkridge owner, Don

Last edited:
I can hear the clicking noise from the remote center if I stand in the rv. Nothing is coming on anywhere. I will get the service center to look at it when I take it in for the other small issues that need attention. Thanks for the help

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I can hear the clicking noise from the remote center if I stand in the rv. Nothing is coming on anywhere. I will get the service center to look at it when I take it in for the other small issues that need attention. Thanks for the help

I had the same issue and I checked the bulb in the orange light behind the step. Bulb was bad, and when I replaced the bulb light worked just fine. Good luck seeing the light.

MCTalley

It might not mean that anything is wrong other than the factory decided to hook the step light or scare lights up to a regular switch *instead of* the remote control box. The remote control and the remote center box are pretty much stock items. It is how the factory wired things to the box (or didn't) that is different from model to model.