38rsrt interior changes?

I orderd a new 38rsrt about a month ago. Did heartland make some changes recently to the interior? I am now seeing a lighter wood tone than the cherry that was shown in the brochure. I also see some stone work on the kitchen island. It also appears that in the upstairs bedroom, a pass thru entry to the bathroom has been added as well as an upgraded front master closet design similar to the Gateway design. Does anybody have any insight to these changes or does the factory just make these type changes at will?
Not upset with the changes just don't know what to expect when I take delivery of the new 38rsrt.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's possible they have made year model changes, 2015s are coming out now. Usually at the Hershey Show and Dealer Open House in Elkhart around this time, manufacturers debut their product changes for the new year.

You could call Heartland customer service and speak to the brand manager for ElkRidge to find out. If you have your VIN, I'm sure they could tell you for sure what is going in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We were told in June when we purchased our 2015 Elkridge, that the dark cherry wood was going to be discontinued and be replaced with lighter colored cabinetry. The first few 2015's coming off the line in June, early July would have the dark wood and after their break in July the Lighter wood would be standard. I did notice some stonework around the kitchen peninsula. They did change the backsplash to a different version. I do believe they changed the front closet room doors but I can't remember for sure.

Both my wife and I like the darker wood and that is one of the reasons we purchased prior to July. We have the Elkridge 37 ultimate, but I would imagine the cabinetry would be the same material throughout the line.

Enjoy your new trailer!

JeromyS

During a factory tour they mentioned that the front closet was changes to place the washer\dryer location to both be on the door side per customer feedback. Previously they had the washer\dryer split one on each side with the fronts pointed in the middle of the closet. This meant that you had to enter the center of the closet to use either the washer and\or the dryer. The new design places both facing forward so they can be reached by the foot of the bed and without having to enter the closet. I am sad to see the darker colors go but happy to se floor plan models adapted based on customer feedback. Now if they would just protect that rear step from bottoming out and destroying the step they would remove my only holdback from upgrading my 37 Ultimate to a 38 RSRT.

Thanks for the response. I did hear back from heartland thru our rv dealer yesterday that we purchased from. I like the changes (wife wanted Cherry cabinets though)and am getting anxious to get the new 38rsrt. I am putting a Trailair pinbox on at the dealership the day I take posession. I didn't feel I needed one on the 30 foot North trail as is wieghed 7120 dry but the elkridge comes in at 13k and almost 42 feet long. I currently have a 2012 F250 diesel w/air springs, 18k reese elite hitch and with the addition of a trailair pinbox I am feeling like I am now ready for delivery. Thanks for the heads up on the rear step! It looks like it could be a problem. The 37 Ult looks like a excellent unit. Any problems ??

JeromyS

I had damage on my unit as a result of an improperly built frame. That was a 2013 model year though.
I would invest in:

* new tires - get away from the towmax before you leave the dealer. I personally went with 17" wheels and g116 tires. These units are heavy and long and will blow those tires (just do a sear for blowmax on these forums)

* invest in a surge guard to protect your electronics. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. Not fun having to replace every 110 connected electrical device after bad power

* x-chocks and or jt strong arm stabilizers - you will not believe the difference these make to preventing trailer sway even with kiddos horsing around in the back

Enjoy your new unit! Take a LONG time during your inspection and don't drive it off the lot until you are satisfied.