Big Horn 3570RS

B

BouseBill

You can't close the bedroom slide with the drivers side hatch door open. ASK ME HOW I KNOW, I'm not a happy camper right now
But it was my fault because the tech doing the walk through told me about the poor design, but I forgot when the DW ask if she could bright the slide in.
There should be a cutoff switch on the cargo hatch door so if it's open the slide will not retract:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Should know in a couple days how much this will cost ME!

MCTalley

I've noticed that several models in the Heartland line now have similar doors under the bedroom slides. Ours opens side to side. While it's annoying when the wind is blowing and the door flies around and smacks you, at least it doesn't interfere with the slide. And I'm usually in that compartment when the slides are coming in.

Garypowell

MCT. Mount the same style door latch they use on the main door. You latch the basement door to the propane door....works real nice if you are setting up or tearing down to have this door held open.

hankster

Yes I also learned the hard way. I just don't leave it open, and the wife also checks before bringing the room in.

Gaffer

My new 3570 has a small stainless cable that limits the travel of the door lift struts.

SeattleLion

Put corner guards on the slideout and they'll hold the cargo door just far enough away from the slideout that it won't catch.

Great hint! Thanks, Dan. We have a side opening door, but I am always in danger of hurting myself (already cut my head once) with the open bedroom slide. I just ordered the guards.

Thanks!

sandman

That really sucks. I have the same Bighorn, but mine won't go that high. the rod stops It before it gets that high.

pegmikef

Put corner guards on the slideout and they'll hold the cargo door just far enough away from the slideout that it won't catch.

Ditto, but I use the poor man's version . . . a couple of 1 foot pieces cut from a swimming noodle. Works well and I use this kind because I had seen a lot of folks using them at various parks and resorts.

VKTalley

Ditto, but I use the poor man's version . . . a couple of 1 foot pieces cut from a swimming noodle. Works well and I use this kind because I had seen a lot of folks using them at various parks and resorts.
We use the pool noodles too as corner guards. They have saved Malcolm's (MCT) head several times.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I use the noodle along the bottom edge of the bedroom slide, but put the soft vinyl adhesive corner guards in the corners. I put some black ones on the corners of the center cabinet over the sofa after smacking into them a couple of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjr6150

You can't close the bedroom slide with the drivers side hatch door open. ASK ME HOW I KNOW, I'm not a happy camper right now
But it was my fault because the tech doing the walk through told me about the poor design, but I forgot when the DW ask if she could bright the slide in.
There should be a cutoff switch on the cargo hatch door so if it's open the slide will not retract:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Should know in a couple days how much this will cost ME!

Right at $400 and change. Don't ask me how I know ours was only two weeks old.

B

BouseBill

Randy, Twice that in Vegas:mad: The door is a shade over $300, The bottom trim for the slide at $35, labor for 3 hours at shop rate over $400, plus shop expenses, taxes makes it a shade over $800.
For a design that never should have made it off the table IMHO.

rjr6150

Randy, Twice that in Vegas:mad: The door is a shade over $300, The bottom trim for the slide at $35, labor for 3 hours at shop rate over $400, plus shop expenses, taxes makes it a shade over $800.
For a design that never should have made it off the table IMHO.

Is the quote through an RV center? Had ours repaired at one of the area body shops.

B

BouseBill

Yes, the coach had zero miles on it from us. We had yet to leave the dealership. Oh well....live and learn.

wino2

That happened to me about a year ago. About $2k damage. I double check now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk