37 Ultimate Bunk House Ladders?

shive787

Tried searching for a pair of ladders that would match the dark cherry finish of our coach. All I can find are the aluminum ones. Has anybody found a different option?

Thanks, Wade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Tried searching for a pair of ladders that would match the dark cherry finish of our coach. All I can find are the aluminum ones. Has anybody found a different option?

Thanks, Wade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you find something. We are looking also.

Jamie

shive787

I can't believe there is nothing out there. If I find something I will let you know.

Wade

2014' ElkRidge 37 Ultimate

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I noticed that the one Elkridge bunkhouse model at the RV show had a factory metal ladder. It was a dark brown/black metal material. I would sooner have one that matched the wood also. I'm toying around with the idea of making one myself to match.

JeromyS

I use the bunk ladders from camping world in mine. They work well. I can send pictures if interested.

JeromyS

I got the 66" ladders, could have gone smaller, but they work out:

Here are a few pictures of the ladders in place:
WP_20140917_22_01_54_Pro.jpgWP_20140917_22_02_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20140917_22_02_27_Pro.jpgWP_20140917_22_02_37_Pro.jpg

I should mention my cheep and quick "anti fall" bars on the top bunks. I have kids that love to roll... right out of bed :) They might not look amazing but they keep the kids up there.

Here is a picture of how I stow/carry the ladders:
WP_20140917_22_03_01_Pro.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions

Sans1

After becoming frustrated not finding anything to match my décor that will work for me I plan to build my own. The steps were so small on the metal one I had with my last rig they hurt your bare feet when climbing in and out. And being a full size adult, I would prefer a bit deeper step. I used the upper bunk in my garage for the first time over Halloween weekend and found it very difficult to get in and out of without steps. Stepping on the bunk below was just the wrong angle and once I got up and the lights were out, I was too afraid to get down until someone turned the light on. I'll post the plan and pix once complete. I do have access to oak flooring material and plan to dado the vertical supports at an angle so the steps are parallel to the floor when the ladder is leaning against the bunk. Very similar to the ones in the link from shive787 but with wider steps. This is just one of many projects planned for the winter. So many projects, so little time. Hope to get all done before spring.

johnpsz

Not a 37 Ultimate, but my e30's bunkhouse is slightly similar. I too didn't like any of the other ladder options and also our 5 year old kept rolling out of bed, so we just built our own and also added a rail to the bunk. The stain was what we had on hand, but I think it looks pretty good even though it doesn't match the rest of the finish.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg