flange for 5th wheel hitch

Donhutch1800

where can i buy the trim piece for rv where the frame bolts up to the 5th wheel hitch.The trim piece that goes around the hole in front fiberglass.Not even sure what the piece is called.Im taking the old painted trim piece off of hitch and going to a mor/ryde pin box.

GOTTOYS

I believe it is available from Heartland parts, but I have seen others trim this area with some 1" aluminum strap which is available at most hardware stores...Don

danemayer

Hi Donhutch1800,

There's a pin box cover that goes over/around the standard pin box to improve appearance and perhaps airflow. If that's what you're asking about, you can probably get from from Heartland Parts Dep't. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready and ask for the Parts Dep't.

But I don't think they fit the mor/ryde pin box.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It does not. My stock hitch cover is laying in my garage.

There's a pin box cover that goes over/around the standard pin box to improve appearance and perhaps airflow.

But I don't think they fit the mor/ryde pin box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

pegmikef

My Mor-Ryde was installed at the factory when my BH was built and it was delivered with no trim cover piece.

porthole

Retired
If I read this correctly, you have the pin box cover that for the most part covered about 3/4's of your old pin box.

This cover will not fit with a MOR/ryde pin box.

Once removing the factory installed shroud you have a rough finish opening.

Correct?

If so, the trim you are looking for is a 2 piece item, from Heartland. Looks like two "U-shaped" pieces of trim. Back half slides over the hole and is screwed in, the front half then overlaps the rear part's ends.
Make sense?

Donhutch1800

Porthole yes that's what I'm looking for.I know the factory cover won't fit the mor/ryde hitch.Just want to trim out the rough looking hole.

porthole

Retired
Here is a picture if it helps with ordering. This was installed at Goshen last year (we did not have trim from the factory).

Attachments

• pin_box_trim.jpg
    pin_box_trim.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 38