ATF: North Trail - Saturated subfloor

Swanie1

I have a 2008 North Trail 31RED. I'll try to keep this post as short as possible. We have used this rv once a year with the exception of 2013. 2 weeks ago my son asked if he and his family could take it for the weekend. He called me after arriving at camp to tell me that it appeared that water had entered the rv through one or both of the slideouts. In addition, he stated that there was liquid in one of the table leg holders and the other two were oxidized. He also stated that the floor felt spongey. I immediatly made an appointment with our dealership for this situation to be checked out. We dropped it off on the 17th of this month. After speaking with the Service Manager and showing him was was going on he said they would take a look and write up a quote. However, I am curious to know if anyone else has had this problem. When the Service Manager told us the worst case could cost up to $5,000.00 I almost cried and my husband was livid! Are local dealerships equiped to make these repairs if needed? They're talking about possibly replacing the whole subfloor and linoleum and god knows what else. Maybe I'm jumping the gun as they have not contacted me to let me know what exactly is going on. All I know is I feel like throwing up!

danemayer

Hi Swanie1,

Sorry you're having this problem. What you're describing is typically caused by a water leak or water intrusion that's gone undetected. Even a tiny leak can over time cause severe damage.

Local dealers can replace flooring and do similar repairs, but quality of service techs can vary greatly by dealer. You might want to check out RV Service Reviews.

Hopefully other NY owners can give you the benefit of their service experiences.

Along with getting the damage repaired, it's critically important to find the cause of the damage. You'll need to carefully check all of the caulking, as well as your plumbing.