Ordered "another" Dash Camera

jbeletti

I think between Duane and I, we could start our own Dash Camera review site :)

I have abandoned for now, the thought of doing a 4 channel mobile DVR with 4 cameras (I really wanted side cams on the truck pointed straight out).

I researched the Garmin Dash Cam 10 and 20 as well as the Lukas LK-9700 Duo. I ended up with the Lukas. I think Duane picked up one of the Garmins. I guess between us, we'll be able to do reviews that may be helpful to others. I'll get my Lukas mid-week and will start playing with it then. Also, 128GB SD cards are $$$ and 256GB cards are even more $$$$$! I got two 128GB Micro SD cards.

Link to the Lukas LK-9700 on their website

Link to the product manual.

Link to the item on Amazon.com

Link to some pics of the product I put on a SmugMug gallery that I'll add install pics to later.

porthole

Retired
I did get the Garmin 20 from Costco.

This review about sums it up.
http://www.cnet.com/products/garmin-dash-cam-20/

It is completely automatic, the screen darkens after about a minute which is nice and it will record for a short time after shutting the truck off.
AVI files which mean extra steps for apple users.

The only thing I dislike? You can hit a save button and save the current video in a locked file. But, it is not so easy to find what you are looking for when the card is put into a laptop.
Maybe in a Windows environment it would be easy to see the locked files, but with a Mac I still have a lot of learning to do (actually wish I had never made the switch, but that is another story).