First Outing in new 28BHS

CampingJunkie

We picked up the new 28BHS on Wednesday and headed to Oceanlakes CG in Myrtle Beach on Friday morning for an already planned trip to celebrate my DD 6th BD. Each of the girls brought a friend so we had a car full.

We are still getting used to the new WDH set up. A little different than the last one but with practice will be a breeze. I have one camping trip until the DH will be gone and I will be doing the next trip without him. Don't get me wrong, I pride myself on being able to do anything he can do, but watching him handle the new hitch is a bit intimidating. Nothing I can't overcome though. Hopefully I can talk him into a new electric jack. That would make things soooo much easier I am sure.

Anyway, on our way down we stopped at the Pilot just off of I-95 and weighed the new baby. She came in at 5400 pounds with all our normal stuff loaded in along with some bikes and electric scooters. I was worried we were going to be 6000 lbs. You would think that too if you saw all the %$#@ we moved over from the prior TT to this one. So good to know I had some breathing room for the TV. It towed well. The only real difference is that I could feel the added weight but nothing bad at all.

Everything worked great. No mishaps or uh ohs. We used the black tank flush which was great. There were only two things that bothered us. The first is that the kitchen faucet barely reaches over to the bigger side of the sink. When rinsing off the dishes we splashed a lot of water over the sides towards the sofa so we placed a dish towel down and that helped. But would like the faucet to easily reach both sides of the sink. But no major deal. The other issue was the queen mattress at the front. It was soooo uncomfortable even with a 2 in memory foam cover on it. The DH back was killing him all weekend. So on the way to put the baby in storage, we ran by Sam's and picked up a new queen mattress and fit like a charm. The only drawback to the new mattress is that it raises you up and you have to watch your head when getting out of bed. But it is much more comfortable.

All and all we are absolutely thrilled with our new baby. We have all our camping buddies jealous and out shopping for their new TT. There was an RV show this weekend in Columbia and they were there looking.

Again glad to be a new member to this family of TT.

Jennifer

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Congrats! Glad it all went well. Looking forward to doing some of this RV thing soon. Should have mine this week! I'm pumped!

JER-1

Waiting

Waiting on ours also but it's a 280 BH the new toy hauler hope to have it in the next week or so,I'm gonna put the electric jack on it first thing, and we use a heavy duty queen size blowup mattress thats works great over the reg matress that they come with. Put king sheets on it covers everything I'm amped up ready for Bristol races in about a month. Great camping at bill gaines campgroud for the races.
JER-1