Vent Covers for Elkridge 2014 289

PeteR12

Just bought a new 289 but the standard vent covers to not fit anybody know where to source ones the fit this model? Thanks

PeteR12

The roof vents ...the 2014 289 has 3 vents opening to the roof with tabs to fasten vent covers. The standard vent covers you have to drill holes to fasten them over the vents and don't fit the 289. Thanks for responding

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Same issue we had. We had 2 older style vent covers that would not fit the newer style vent openings. I modified the fastening brackets to work with the new tabs and got them to fit. When we buy the next 2 vent covers, I will look to see if they fit the new style.

Jamie

olcoon

Three years ago while in workcamping in CO, a hail storm destroyed the vent covers on our Elk Ridge. There was a Camping World nearby, so I went down there & found out there are 3-4 different styles of vent covers. Before we left I had taped trash bags over the vents in case it rained & "sort of" got a look at how they were made & operated. Fortunately I remembered enough of what they looked like and chose the correct ones. Right now I couldn't tell you which ones we've got. I'd suggest looking at the ones on your rig, possibly taking photos then going to CW, or where ever & trying to match them.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The sizes are pretty much standard but the hinging is not. Either remove the damaged lid or take a photo of it to the parts store.

And get MaxxAir covers to protect them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk