Washer Knocking

travlingman

Have a whirlpool washer/ dryer stacked combo in our Savannah. When the washer is in the spin cyle, it makes a very loud kocking noise that is so loud you can hear it outside. This just started on this trip as it has always been quite. Checked to see if unit level, used level on top of dryer since it is stacked on top and found unit sloping toward back by roughly less than 1". I pulled on top of dryer from back and both of the back of the units came off the floor and tried running washer again and was quiet for about 3 loads and then started noise again. Trying to figure out how to get to back washer feet to level it out, but since it is in a closet can't get to unless I take unit out.

My problem is it is only me, so tough to get unit out. Any ideas on how to do it with one person? Thought of taking brackets off front of washer feet holding to floor, moving unit to side of closet and the lifting side and sliding something under to hold it up so I could then get hand under unit to adjust leg. Then move unit to other side and repeat and move foot same distance. Unit was a dealer installed and not at factory.

Think it could be something other than unlevel causing the noise?

donr827

I'll through this out there. A friend of mine had the same problem on her stackable in her condo. According to her the repairmen said that one of the rubber thing it sits on was broken. This is her description so it might not be exactly correct.........Don

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have the stackable style in our LM. The front feet are the only adjustable one's on our unit. I believe it is imposible to balance the machines to prevent this knocking. You can get them as level as possible but if the trailer is off I feel the machines will knock. Also the floor is not a rock solid base, even if it feels like it, and as the machine begins it spin cycle there will be flex in the floor amplifing the slight inbalance hench the knock. Our suggestion is to lessen the load and try to better balance the load. For example, try not to put 1 or 2 pairs of jeans in with a bunch of light fabric type articles. Oh by the way our machines are manufactured by Artison.