Pan for W/D Combo Necessary?

My wonderful DH is (finally) buying me the Spendide combo unit for our 3670. (He is also getting a second A/C unit that he's been wanting!) My question is, is it really necessary to install an overflow pan beneath the W/D? The dealer said that they do not install these as a rule, because there is such a problem finding a way to plumb from the drip pan out of the coach. If we don't really need it, I don't see the reason to spend the extra money ... especially on labor. What do you think?

Also, any tips from those of you who have the combo unit in the 3670?

Thanks a lot.

FLSTS03

Joann,
My wife and have yet to buy that 1st 5th wheel RV so I'll be no help as to the specific unit and how pan installation can or can't be a problem. I do however run a plumbing supply house and,or at least, in our area the washing machine is a major cause of home damage. We sell a lot of SS connectors but to date we don't stock nor hear of pans as a general rule being installed. I personally think it's a good idea as I've had my house flooded from a quick trip to Wally World while leaving the washer running(big mistake). There is another product you might want to look into called Floodstop. Floodstop shuts off the line to the W/D when a leak is detected. At the very least turn the waterlines to the W/D off when not in use.

Steve

Retyred

Wash machine pan

I would not be without a pan under my wash machine.
Contact the factory and ask them how they install a pan for dranage when done in the factory.
You could install the pan yourself, then have the washmachine installed later.

Retyred