RW 415 - Couch

CBradley

We are in serious consideration of purchasing a 2015 415RW RT...however, on the lot and the majority of pictures we see have the couch unfinished in the slide....and the "extra" piece in the garage. I have some concerns that this means that additional piece for the couch cannot stay in place when the slide needs to operate. Can anyone clarify this? It could be a deal breaker for us...as we don't want half of a chair in the garage and an unfinished couch....and we are not willing to lug that back and forth through the kitchen every time we are packing up.

jimtoo

Hi CBradley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unfinished" about the couch. But if you were at a dealer, was the salesperson not able to answer your question? I'm sure some of our other members that have the RW will jump in soon with an answer for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

CBradley

The final couch extension that is in the garage is supposed to attached or placed next to the couch that sits in the slide. It's apparent by looking at the bottom of the couch in the slide as it has a fabric vs leather finish. However...every pic I see shoes that piece in the garage and never in the living room. Our sales rep advised us it does go on the LR however appeared clueless as to why it was in the garage. He surmised it must be due to the slide mechanism. Looking for clarification as he did not help with my concern.

Mark-Mullin

I have a 415 and the couch stays in place all the time, not sure why it is in the garage may be for shipping to dealer purpose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CBradley

In the 2015 version all the couches are separated and I am concerned why. Going to dealership Thursday to play with it further....fingers crossed its a shipping thing and we can sign on the dotted line!

rayk4e

@CBradley -- what were you able to determine? We are supposed sign our papers tomorrow for a new RW415 and I just assumed it could stay attached at all times and not have to move it into the garage when closing the slideout. How are you liking the 415? I'm a bit concerned because one thing I really didn't think of before is how cramped the master bathroom vanity is. It seems as if there is no elbow room whatsoever. Hope you're enjoying it.

jimtoo

Hi rayk4e,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am sure you do not have to move the couch in and out to close the slide. Most likely it was moved to be able to ship something else to the dealer in the unit. If your really concerned call your dealer or Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032,

Jim M