Valor Tire Monitoring

asptsman

I ordered the Valor tire monitoring with my new Savannah. Just put the 1st 6000 miles on it. The valor system did not work most of the trip. Getting the readings on the front tires but the back tires are very flakey. Spent a lot o time on the phone with the factory rep who was very responsive. All boiled down to getting the antenna in the right place to get the signal. On he last day I moved the antenna to the driver side corner of the back bumper, under the bumper. Then I as able to get a reading from the rear tires about 80% of the time. Does anyone have experience with this and have a solution?

EPaulikonis

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/48166-TPMS-dropping-sensors-during-transit

Had a similar issue I just resolved. Check out thread above.

First I tried moving the antenna all over the rear of the vehicle; settled on mounting it below the receiver hitch. Original position was on the frame, so bumper was blocking ~70% of antenna. Had two tires that still wouldn't receive signal on a regular basis. Curb-side on Axle#2 would receive initially, then default to "----" as updates from the sensor ceased. Driver's side Axle #1 tire would constantly read "0000". I also called Valor, and Don Rigby made a stop at 8:00PM on his way back to MI. Don used a handheld device to verify the sensors were transmitting on all 4-tires. After that, Don installed a new display unit and he decided to send me two new sensors to install. I recently did that, and the system has been working like a champ ever since.

Might want to request Valor send you the hand-held MX device to see if sensors are all reporting. Also may want to pull each chip on display console and re-seat each one just to be sure. Drop me a private message if you want to chat or get any contact info.

GOTTOYS

With all the problems they have, it sounds like any other tire pressure monitoring system. Plus you have to hard wire in the truck antenna and mount, dismount the tires to install or replace the sensors and it costs more than the others. Where's the advantage? Too much screwing around for me. I'll stick with the one I already have that doesn't work very well. ...Don

jbeletti

Don,

Valor does have 2 sensor styles. The wheel banded model and the version that can be installed without dismounting the tires.
sensorG.jpg sensorE.jpg

Since my Landmark came with the Valor system, I didn't have to choose Internal over External sensors. I needed new truck tires recently, so I added the Valor sensors to my wheels when they were being broken down.

Personal choice only - but I rather prefer not having the sensors outside on the valve stems.

Here's a link from their website that compares Internal versus External sensors.

EPaulikonis

With all the problems they have, it sounds like any other tire pressure monitoring system. Plus you have to hard wire in the truck antenna and mount, dismount the tires to install or replace the sensors and it costs more than the others. Where's the advantage? Too much screwing around for me. I'll stick with the one I already have that doesn't work very well. ...Don

Don - Sorry to hear you have had such poor experience w/TPMS. My Heartland also came w/the internal mount Valor TPMS, so I was working the initial troubleshooting to get the system operational. Just wan to make sure the system is functional since it was included in the purchase price. As for the advantage, anything I can do to avert possible damage during transit is a good thing IMHO. I work in the aviation industry and diagnostic systems are critical to safety and often require a lot of TLC to insure proper operation. TPMS isn't the end all answer to avoid catastrophic tire failure, but I'd much prefer some inconvenience or additional cost for replacement sensor(s) over a mangled trailer in instances where TPMS will indicate a problem in advance of a blowout.