Just a thought...

JeromyS

Hello fellow forum goers and heartland owners.

I was not sure where to put this idea so I posted it here, please move where more appropriate.

I was sitting here riding in the passengers seat on a trip (sadly no RV) and was thinking about many of the recent posts around quality control and craftsmanship etc. It got me thinking about an "option" heartland might be able to offer. I would be extremely interested in a "I'll help build it" option where I could select a floor plan I want, pay an extra 10/15k or something and then fly to the factory for the week my unit was being built to oversee\contribute to the making of my unit. I wasn't sure if this idea has been floated around or not nor am I sure how feasible it would be or how popular it might be but just figured the money and time I spent upfront there would save me on the backend.

Anyway just a thought I wanted to throw out to the community. It'll likely never manifest but if it did I would be willing to pay for it.

HornedToad

Reminds me of a sign I've seen in a lot of repair shops...

Attachments

• car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-mechanics-labor-rates-per-hour.jpg
    car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-mechanics-labor-rates-per-hour.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 63

GOTTOYS

For only $10,000 they could grind the entire production line to a halt. I wouldn't do that. I don't think anybody would have much of an idea about what is going on. When I toured the factory there were a lot of people working on the same unit. Which one would you pick out to watch??...Don

Bohemian

The problems are in: design, materials, manufacturing process. tools, training.

It simply is not an industry that can afford the costs of a major car manufacturer at the price people are willing to pay.