Truck Bra

NewCyclone

Does anybody use the GM Wintergard on their truck?

What temprature do you put it on and take it off?

I am reading on some forums about the GM LMM engine having issues with extreme cold weather and going into limp mode. They are recommending the wintergard bra for cold weather.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I got one with my truck when I bought it new - never used it - probably should have! I'm interested in knowing, too. My '03 is the LB7.

dewwood

I do not use the full cover just the small one that covers the grill and I put it on when the temps get down into the twenties and stay. Above freezing it is not needed at least in my experience. I leave it on untill temps stay above freezing for the most part. I have driven it in below zero weather and have not had problems but I will say the first winter I had it I discovered the duramax would not warm up too well without it.

ct0218

I put the upper cover on in the 20's and below, and you can run with it on in the 40's. It does help with getting heat from the heater when it gets cold. I have never used the lower cover, the upper works pretty good even a 2 degrees. If it gets cold enough to need the lower cover too, then I'm just going to sit in front of the fireplace.