Clips for MCD Shades

Rodbuster

During our extensive vacation this summer 2 of our MCD shades completely fell off. The largest one over the couch and one over the recliner chairs. The spring clips (held by 1 screw) were torn right out by the RV bouncing around while traveling.
I feel the larger shades should be fastened with more than the 3 clips that are provided.

I e-mailed mcdinnovations.com 2 weeks ago looking to pick up 6 more clips, with no response. Today I call and customer service asked me for my e-mail address so they could send me a form requesting these clips.
When I got the form, they asked me for all kinds of information including the part # for the clips.
I looked at the clip, no part number. I looked through the manual, no part number. I looked at their on-line site, no part number.

Would anybody know what this part # is?
If not, I'll call her back tomorrow and explain the situation.

Thank you
Dick

pegmikef

Dick, I would definitely call back. I had my shades installed at the factory and everyone was very helpful. The way it is set up is that there is a receptionist who tries to field a lot of the calls, but is not really savvy about how things work. Try to talk to a tech if you can. I just don't remember the names and just searched my email and found nothing. My rig is all buttoned up right now, but I will look for the paper work tomorrow. The name Joy comes to mind and she is kind of the interface between the admint and manufacturing and installation and she might be able to help you. I'll check this when I get to Lawton tomorrow. Sorry, I can't help more right now. Mike

Rodbuster

Hi Mike,
Yes, her name is Joy and I agree with you about her screening phone calls. I'm going to call back later today and try to speak to a tech.

It shouldn't be a big deal, it's only the spring clip that the shade mounts to.

Thank you for your reply Mike.
Dick

pegmikef

Dick, If you haven't called yet, ask for Calvin. He is the tech that installed my shades and is really straight. I don't know what their protocols are about letting the techs speak with customers though.

Rodbuster

Hi Mike. just wanted to drop you a line to say "thank you" for your time and efforts.
I received 6 clips in the mail yesterday....it took a second phone call, but that's OK. They were probably working on my little problem, but I didn't know that because they never answered my e-mail. Just me, being impatient.

OK now, do you think that I could talk you in to taking a ride to help me add the new clips??? LOL

Thanks again Mike
Dick

happykraut

OK now, do you think that I could talk you in to taking a ride to help me add the new clips??? LOL
Thanks again Mike
Dick
I installed my own MCD shades on my BH. It is a pretty job. Just make sure that all the clips are perfectly in line with each other. If not, the shade won't snap in very easy or not at all.

pegmikef

Thanks again Mike
Dick

Dick, I had mine installed at the factory so they did it with their fancy flexible drills. I did have to remake four of the valances and just copied what they had done. . . I struggle with one and the problem was what Bernie said . . . mine was just under a quarter inch off and would not snap in.

brianlajoie

During our extensive vacation this summer 2 of our MCD shades completely fell off. The largest one over the couch and one over the recliner chairs. The spring clips (held by 1 screw) were torn right out by the RV bouncing around while traveling.
I feel the larger shades should be fastened with more than the 3 clips that are provided.

I e-mailed mcdinnovations.com 2 weeks ago looking to pick up 6 more clips, with no response. Today I call and customer service asked me for my e-mail address so they could send me a form requesting these clips.
When I got the form, they asked me for all kinds of information including the part # for the clips.
I looked at the clip, no part number. I looked through the manual, no part number. I looked at their on-line site, no part number.

We had the same problem with two of our MCD shades. What I found was that one of the clips on each shade had a stripped screw - which caused the shade to fall. I moved the clip to one side (in alignment with the other clip) and hand tightened the screw. End of problem. We also asked Heartland for eatra clips and have them in the drawer just in case. I think the torque setting for the driver used to install the shades were not correct for the task.