water pressure

bpmills

Hello: Do they make adjustable water pressure gauges or are they all set at 40 lbs. And if that doesnt work, should I go to a larger diameter hose or maybe there are water restriction washers in all the faucets that could be removed. I have one inline water filter also. I have 2009 Bighorn 3400rl
Thanks guys

Triber

Triber

I found that on my '09 3670RL, all of the faucets and shower heads had water restrictors in them. With the pressure regulator in line, we had virtually no water volume. I removed the restrictors which had tiny orifices in them and now we have ample flow.

Luckyhat12

how did you remove the restrictors? Most of mine look glued in. Did you break the glue or drill them out?

Thanks,
Chris

Luckyhat12

I see the small flow hole... but I don't see any restrictors. I thought about drilling the holes larger but I am afraid of screwing up the anti siphon valve.

Cirrus

I undid my shower fitting, and my restrictor popped right out using my thumbnail. If you put a toothpick thru the small small, it is very easy to remove it, and now my shower flow is now much better.
Last month I also purchased a Shurflo Extreme 5.7 water pump. Wow.....the increase in water flow (up to 65 PSI now) is truly amazing. My last RV had the Shurflo Extreme 4.0 which is also a great pump and provides much more pressure than the factory unit, and the pump hardly cycles at all now. I know that some people have had some problems with these pumps in the past, but I think that all of the newer pumps are problem free.

navyAZ1

Hello: Do they make adjustable water pressure gauges or are they all set at 40 lbs. And if that doesnt work, should I go to a larger diameter hose or maybe there are water restriction washers in all the faucets that could be removed. I have one inline water filter also. I have 2009 Bighorn 3400rl
Thanks guys

We use a regular residential water pressure regulator they are factory set at 50 psi, the great thing about these is they regulate the pressure using a diaphram and not restricting the water flow, where the small in line RV types regulate pressure by restricting your water flow. I installed it at the end of the water hose that connects to the faucet works great and we still get good water flow at the shower.:D