End of Season

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Another summer seasonal season has ended for us. Brought the rig home to the storage yard yesterday and we spent a couple of hours today, removing clothing, food stuffs, and electronics. Back tomorrow to winterize it.

Gotta say that everything worked well for the summer, although the water heater got a little goofy running on propane. It would run fine for many hours or even a couple of days, then go into lock-out. Turn it off, wait, and it would fire back up. So I left the electric on so I wouldn't get a cold water surprise. Could be time to replace the circuit board with the new one I still have.

For all the problems folks have with tires, the OEM Freestars (mold date 5207) are still holding their own. Haven't touched them since last spring (topped at 110 psi) and they were still at 105 - 108 psi. Maybe keeping them covered when they're not rolling helps. The 200 mile ride home was as smooth as can be, relatively speaking, given some of the patches on SB I-75 in Michigan.

Only casualty of the summer was our screen tent. A bumper crop of acorns falling from great heights won the battle. Although they sound like gunshots on the roof of the rig, no damage found there. Just happy I didn't get beaned by one.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bummer on having to shut down for the winter already. We're hioping to get a couple of more trips in this year. Love going to Williamsburg, VA in the fall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have one more trip (sans trailer) next month, then semi-hibernation until next spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Our season is getting started again. Amana Rally followed by a stop in MO to visit then onto central KS for a few days camping then we put to trailer to bed there at our storage place and pick it up again in early Jan to head to AZ. Life is good!...Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We finished our 2014 camping season this past Tuesday at the Colorado HOC Fall Rally in Rifle, Colorado.

Here is a shot of our site:

Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg

Our trailer is now nicely parked along side our garage and unpacked, and I will attempt my first winterizing this next weekend as one of my fellow HOC members showed me how to do it at the rally.

Kbvols

This thread is sorta depressing! I know all good things must come to and end. We are holding out until the 1st of November. Our trailer will be in TN during Oct then back to Ohio and into storage. Last winter was so miserable it makes the end of camping season even more dreadful.

sengli

We are just getting started again. We love to camp in the fall, and early spring. We actually dont camp when its the hot, and muggy summer months. Last year we were able to use the coach till the second week in november. In the past we camped over the holiday week of thanksgiving, the parks are usually empty except for us.

danemayer

Our Summer season in Colorado is coming to an end. September has been beautiful with great weather. But now we're putting things away and getting ready to head back to Texas on Wednesday. Fall in Texas will include a couple of rallies and visits with friends before we settle in for a couple of months in the Tyler area. Before we know it, it'll be time to go skiing.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
My last Camping trip of the year with a group will be next weekend with the Good Sam group and we are going to the Boston KOA in Middleboro, on Sunday I head to Topsfield Ma for 10 days for the The Topsfield Fair. It is the oldest agricultural fair in America started In 1818 by a group of farmers in hopes to share progressive farming techniques. This will be a working, camping trip as I will be a volunteer at one of oldest food services tent at the fair, run by the Topsfield Congregational Church. I will be working the Grill off and on through out the 10 days of my stay.

I also hope to take in some of the entertainment, such as Kelly Pickler, Danielle Bradbury and Rock Band, AMERICA. And of course I can not forget "Axe Women Loggers of Maine" since they put on a great show.

after that the RV will go into the backyard, to sit until next spring ( or maybe a trip to FL this winter - depends on how bad this winter is ).

Kevin

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Couple of colder weather trips remain for us. Last trip this calendar year will be to Williamsburg, VA the first weekend of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

We are leaving Tue for a So Utah trip. After Utah, we head to Lake Havasu, AZ for a race. Then We will park the rig in Chandler at Firebird Lake, drive home for 2-1/2 weeks (work), then return for our finals. The rig will not make it home until Nov 4. Then there is Thanksgiving in West Texas. We are planning to use it through most of the winter.

JohnD

When we bought our 2013 Trail Runner in September of 2012, we had it winterized right away as we didn't plan on using it until the following spring.

But as it sat there next to our house taunting us . . . we decided to take it out for a winter campout.

We didn't use the plumbing (used the RV parks bathrooms and showers), but did use the kitchen and the furnace as we took off on Christmas Day, 2012 to an RV park in Loveland, Colorado for two nights.

Other than dragging the trailer around through the snow (4-wheel drive didn't work in my old truck) . . . we had a blast!

Campout2012-PC250007.jpg Campout2012-PC270054.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg Campout2012-PC260022.jpg Campout2012Spicy&Marcy-PC260025.jpg Campout2012SpicyChecksEmail-PC260023.jpg Campout2012Spicy-PC270042.jpg Campout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg

We are considering doing it again this year!

MTPockets

We'll be in Las Vegas Tuesday for 8 nights, then work our way to the Huachuca, AZ Rally. After that we'll move over to the Elephant Butte, NM Campout and back to Voyager RV Resort, Tucson for the winter. By the way, we don't go camping - just move our home around to a lot of fantabulous parking spots. P.S.... Wishing all an early spring.

Last edited:

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Spent a day and a half on our rig winterizing and polishing. She may not be the biggest and you may not think she is the best, but doesn't she shine!! :cool: We had many a good trip this year with only a few things breaking. Cant wait for next summer already. Have a safe winter everyone!!
NT 1.jpgNT 2.jpg

JohnD

Spent a day and a half on our rig winterizing and polishing. She may not be the biggest and you may not think she is the best, but doesn't she shine!! :cool: We had many a good trip this year with only a few things breaking. Cant wait for next summer already. Have a safe winter everyone!!

Looks sweet!

I need to give mine a bath . . . maybe this week on my days off!

Although my topper for the truck will probably come in today or tomorrow, so will probably be getting it installed on one of those days.

Wish you could have come up to the Rifle Rally . . .

There were only two of us that had bumper-pull trailers . . . the rest were all 5th-wheelers.

We need more of us at the rallies . . . and we had a blast!

Here is a shot of our rig at Rifle:

Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg

SailorDon

We didn't use the plumbing (used the RV parks bathrooms and showers), but did use the kitchen and the furnace as we took off on Christmas Day, 2012 to an RV park in Loveland, Colorado for two nights.
Do you use the kitchen sink to wash dishes?

Westwind

John - glad to hear you had a good season, it's nice when our mobile homes hold together and give us a enjoyable time without forcing us to put the fix it hats on. We are looking forward to getting on the road the last week of Dec. to begin our snowbird season. It's coming upon us real quickly.