• American Heritage RV Park
  • 146 Maxton Lane
  • Williamsburg, VA 23188
  • Toll Free: 1-888-530-2267 | Local: 757-566-2133
  • http://www.americanheritagervpark.com/home.html
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: : Wi-Fi. High Speed Internet and Cable w/ 45+ channels at each site

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 20+
  • Site fee: Site Special - Stay 3 Nights/4th Night Free (Dec-March) $135.75. This is way better than normal $45.25 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 12/6/2014
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm

• Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Join us for a fun filled weekend in Williamsburg, VA. We plan on participating in the activities for the Colonial Williamsburg Grand Illumination held Sunday, 7 December. http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/plan/calendar/hol-grand-illumination/.
A detailed agenda will follow, but we will plan for a pot-luck dinner, a pot-luck breakfast, and a dutch treat lunch or dinner at Sal's by Victor Italian restaurant.
We also encourage to register with American Heritage RV Park and take advantage of their winter site special for $135.75, staying for 4 nights. You could do this Thursday to Monday, or, Friday to Tuesday.
Plan on cold nights and cool days so dress appropriately for outside activities at Colonial Williamsburg. We have enjoyed excellent fall weather the past several years.

Attendees:

1 van Opstal Flying Dutchman
1202​
12/4-12/8​
2 Funderburg boatto5er
1054​
12/4-12/8​
3 Talley MCTalley
2267​
12/4-12/9​
4 Sorrell FiremanBill
2372​
5-------
6 Pike thanatos
1181​
12/5-12/9​
7 Scheibert vakthund
2136​
12/4-12/8​
8Foxfoxfmly
12/5-12/8
9Massengillandy 1468 12/4-12/8
10BarnettJJnVA 1689 daily
11Hill12/4-12/8
12Latham
camperjohn08
daily

Williamsburg Rally Agenda:

12/4 Thursday
Arrivals

• Dinner out: Time to be announced Plan a dinner at Sal’s by Victor Restaurant (Dutch treat). Let us know if you have another favorite restaurant that can be considered instead.

12/5 Friday

• Breakfast 9:00am Pancake breakfast at the Barnett’s residence (close to the campground, directions will be given). The Barnett’s will furnish “pancakes, coffee, plates, utensils, cups, etc. If each couple could bring a side dish or juice, the breakfast would be complete. If needed, my microwave or stove-oven can be used. No need for anyone to bring serving spoons, just the food item”.

• Day activities on your own to enjoy the area or visit with friends. Flight demonstrations by Bill Sorrell.

• Dinner: 4:00pm The worlds best pizza prepared by our very own Viking! Bring a side or an appetizer to accompany pizza, and your drink.

12/6 Saturday

• Breakfast 9:00am Club will provide the bacon and eggs, and coffee. Breakfast preparations assisted by our Viking. You may bring a favorite side, juice, etc.

• Day activities on your own to enjoy the area or visit with friends. Flight demonstrations by Bill Sorrell.

• Dinner: 6:00pm Potluck. Bring your favorite dish to share and a small dessert. Bring your beverage.

12/7 Sunday

• Breakfast: 9:00am Coffee and pastries provided by the Club.

• Day activities on your own to enjoy the area or visit with friends

• If you are planning to go to Colonial Williamsburg, you are advised to go early as parking can be challenging. Also consider ride sharing.

• Colonial Williamsburg Grand Illumination
  • Time 4:45 pm – 7:30 pm

Live Entertainment begins at 5 p.m., Fireworks at 7 p.m.

In the 18th century, illuminations, which included the firing of guns and lighting of fireworks, were held to celebrate major events, such as great military victories, the anniversary of the reigning sovereign's birth, or the arrival of a new colonial governor. Join Colonial Williamsburg for this special day by strolling the Revolutionary City and viewing all the unique decorations. Enjoy musical performances from multiple stages and delight in the fireworks displays from three different locations.

12/8 Monday
Departures

Notes:

All joint meals at campground will be in the Heritage Room or Colonial Room, unless further advised.
Bring your own beverage to meals
Club provides paper plates, plastic utensil, and paper napkins.
Club will provide coffee in the morning, Friday – Sunday

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Eric,

Debra and I plan to be there. Will make reservation in the next couple of days after I get exact dates verified. Looks like we'll arrive Thursday evening and depart Monday.

VKTalley

The Traveling Talleys are seeing if we can work this one into our schedule between work weeks and time off weeks. Should know soon!

FiremanBill

Gosh it's been a long time since I've been on here.

Got an email from Eric about this so we are in! Will make reservations today.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Fantastic! Our founding chapter leaders, Gus and Debra, are coming. It will also be great having Val and Malcolm with us, it has been a while. And sure glad I reached out to Bill and Kelly, it has been way too long since we have seen you. Will you be bringing your airplane hanger with you? Sure was fun last time.

FiremanBill

Fantastic! Our founding chapter leaders, Gus and Debra, are coming. It will also be great having Val and Malcolm with us, it has been a while. And sure glad I reached out to Bill and Kelly, it has been way too long since we have seen you. Will you be bringing your airplane hanger with you? Sure was fun last time.

I will have to bring a few of them for sure!

tracks

Eric, I have made our reservation arriving December 4th., departing the 8th, site unknown. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

thanatos

Just made reservations for Nancy and me. We'll be pulling in on the 5th and leaving the 9th. Looking forward to it.

VKTalley

HI Dorothy and Eric! The Traveling Talleys will be arriving in Williamsburg, VA, on Thursday, December 4th, and leaving on Tuesday, December 9th. Looking forward to a great time in Williamsburg!
BTW, the Sunday of the rally is December 7th, not December 8th as listed in your information in post 1. :)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wha-Hoo, the Vikings and the Traveling Talleys are coming. Should be a fun weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Wow!! Schiebert's, Pike's, and Talley's are coming!! Looks like we are assembling the "A" team. Be good to see y'all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.