• Number of sites held: 30
  • Site fee: rally rate per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 5/16/2015
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Please Note: Sites are still available. Ask Sherri to place you within the Heartland group. Campground will honor agreed rally rate for extended stays to cover early arrivals and later departures.

The rally weekend is the weekend BEFORE the Memorial Day weekend.

Attendees:
Name
Site #
1van Opstal
Dorothy and Eric
Flying Dutchman
5/13-5/18
2Walker,
Ginger, Jamie, and Maddie
JWalker
3Funderburg
Debra and Gus
boatto5er
5/14-5/18
4Miranda
Dottie and Kim
kimdot
5/13-5/18
5Lindgren
Carol and Keith
klindgren
6Thomison
Susan and Tom
thomison
7Latham
Nancy and John
Camperjohn08
5/13-5/18
8Vogt
Phyllis and Hank
hbcottage
9Stanley
Carol and Terrel
TandC
10Parrish
Ann and Ron
navyAZ1 11585/11-5/18
11Floyd
Betty, Bob, and Debbie
craftynana17175/14-5/18
12Vanderford
Jodi and Mike
JMVford19455/15-5/17
13Gallimore
Ken, Marj, and Sara
Fordtech200813035/15-5/17

Temperanceville RallyAgenda: (Will be updated as needed)

5/14 Thursday
Arrivals

• Dinner out: Time TBA. Plan a dinner at Ray’s Shanty (Dutch treat).

5/15 Friday

• Day activities on your own to enjoy the area or visit with friends.

• Official “meet ‘n greet”. Time TBA. Bring you favorite finger food to share.

• Game night.

5/16 Saturday

• Breakfast 9:00am Club will provide the bacon and eggs, and coffee. You may bring a favorite side, juice, etc.

• Dinner: 6:00pm Potluck. Club will provide fried chicken. Bring your favorite side dish to share and a small dessert. Bring your beverage.

• Your favorite board game, such as Mexican Train.

5/17 Sunday

• Breakfast: 9:00am Coffee and pastries provided by the Club.

Departuresfor some. Have safe travels to your nextdestination.

• For those staying, we can plan a “leftovers” potluck dinner, or a meal out.

5/18 Monday
Departures

Notes:

All jointmeals at campground will be in the Rec Hall.
Bring yourown beverage to meals
Clubprovides paper plates, plastic utensil, and paper napkins.
Club willprovide coffee in the morning, Friday – Sunday

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Glad to hear that the Walker's will be there, and also glad that Santa and his DW will be rested enough to join us as well. Only 7 1/2 months to go ... you all have a great winter.

Flying Dutchman

Now we are rolling!! Can't have a GREAT rally without our founding chapter leaders Gus and Debra with us. Welcome to Tom and Susan, so glad you plan to be with us. I will post a "reservation reminder" beginning December to call the campground for a site.

FiremanBill

Our daughter will be graduating from George Mason University around that timeframe, as soon as we get the firm dates we will know whether we will be able to attend or not. We had a blast last year and would love to come again.

camperjohn08

Of Course Nancy & I shall be attending this great Camp ground.. shall make reservations on 1 Dec when it opens up .. Hope to see all the familiar friendly faces and friends there too.. we shall probably be there wed thru Monday.... 13th thru 18th of May..

FiremanBill

Well poop.... George Mason University graduation is May 16th! We'll be in Fairfax watching my baby girl graduate.

I would say I'm bummed but I can't really be too bummed for the reason we can't come to the rally.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bummer Bill. Can y'all join us in Williamsburg first weekend in Dec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camperjohn08

Ok Nancy and I are signed up... our dates are: Wed. 13 May thru Monday 18 May... we will be onsite 104A.... We got a good long winter ahead of us, but this shall be nice returning to this Lovely Campground and the First of the VA chapter Rallies of 2015...
Update to this post we now arrive: Monday, 11 May and depart Monday, 18 May....

Last edited:

TandC

Hi Y'all!
Carol and I will be at the VA Rally! We will be in Site 201b from 13(W) - 18 May(M) 2015.

We will be at Americamps in Ashland VA the month (Yes, month) before the rally.
So if any of y'all will be at Americamps (15 Apr-13 May) - be sure and look us up on Site C17!

Flying Dutchman

Wow!! It has been a long and brutal winter. Dorothy and I are glad that Spring is around the corner. We have brushed the cobwebs out of our Big Country, pumped up the tires, and have headed out for our 2015 camping adventures. Hope this finds you all well, and are planning your camping trips as well. We would love for you to join us at our 2015 Virginia Chapter Rally at Tall Pines Harbor Campground in Temperanceville, Virginia. The campground has advised me that they will only hold the designated rally sites for us until 1 April. So please make your reservations now! There will likely be sites available after 1 April but the campground may have to position you in other areas of the campground away from us.

The rally agenda has been posted on the first page. Other than a fantastic time with your Heartland friends, the Virginian Eastern Shore is a wonderful seaside vacation area with numerous places to visit. Our favorite is Assateaque Island which we have visited numerous times over the past 40 odd years. I haven't checked the launch schedule yet for NASA Wallops Station, but it would be neat if they had a scheduled launch during our visit. Then there is Chincoteague, famous for its wild ponies, and seafood galore. We hope that you can join us.

navyAZ1

Hey Eric & Dorothy, the Parrish's are coming, we just registered and they put us on site 104B arriving on the 11th and leaving on the 18th. Looking forward to seeing some new country.

Status
Not open for further replies.