TX - Johnson City (Hill Country) - Miller Creek RV Resort

jbeletti

Anyone heard of this place?

I took a call from Judy Roundtree today - 1 of the new owners for this CG. She's trying to drum up some rally business and is touching base with a few RV clubs.

Under previous ownership, it was known as Miller Creek RV Park. She told me that her and Paul have made and continue to make significant improvements to the CG, adding sites and cabins as well. She said they've had 5 rallies recently and all have re-booked. Guess they like it.

Anyway, for anyone interested, here are some details. And if anyone stays there, please let us know what you thought of it.

Miller Creek RV Resort
Link to old satellite image
Owners: Paul and Judy Roundtree
Typical Site Fee: $30
Current Rally Site Fee: $24
Rec Hall (free with 10 > sites rented)
Sites: 31 now with 23 more coming online by end of February 2008
Hookups: 50 amp power and full-hookups
WiFi: Included in site fee
Leash free dog run
Dog washing station
Laundry facility
Shower house
3 cabins

Tom of Ypsi

I have not stayed here but looking at http://RVparkreviews.com the park recieved a 3 out of 10 this past January. The excess noise stated by this customer may be the new construction as indicated by Judy Roundtree. Other reviews from last year were considerably higher but maybe there was no construction going on then. Hope to hear from someone else who has stayed here.

Hunter11

This park is not far from our house. It is a nice park but as stated it is right at the intersection of HWY 290 and HWY 281 so there is quite a bit of road noise. There are a lot of small towns in the area to visit and site see.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Only some dogs

Too bad they have already classified my dog as 'aggressive' - he's not welcome here - :mad:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's too bad resort and campground owners have to restrict dogs by breed or size. We have seen some pretty aggressive and NOISY Poodles and other smaller dogs in campgrounds that won't allow Dobermans, Shepherds, Pitt Bulls or dogs over 20 or 30 lbs. I understand their fears but if they met some of these big friendly beasts they might change their tune. I know there are also people that believe there is no place for pets at all in campgrounds. I believe those folks should stay home, go in the house and lock their doors!

jpmorgan37

Ray;

I have not been allowed in several parks because of Katie and/or Brandy. You know how aggressive they were/are. NOT!! We have more problems with the little ones here in the park than we do with the big ones. And generally, it's not the dogs that are the problem, it is the inconsiderate owners that will tie them up outside and leave, or walk them and not pick up after them. That is only a very small percentage of people, but they spoil it for everyone else.

FWIW, John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray;

I have not been allowed in several parks because of Katie and/or Brandy. You know how aggressive they were/are. NOT!! We have more problems with the little ones here in the park than we do with the big ones. And generally, it's not the dogs that are the problem, it is the inconsiderate owners that will tie them up outside and leave, or walk them and not pick up after them. That is only a very small percentage of people, but they spoil it for everyone else.

FWIW, John
How true. The owners are ultimately responsible for how their dogs act and their temperment. Fortunately for us, we've never run into a situation where we couldn't get into a park.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
WOW JP...can't believe it. My previous dog's name was Brandi, she was a yellow lab...dearest animal I ever owned. Now we have Katie...an english setter. She too is a sweetheart, just not the brightest bulb!

We Heartland owners seem to think alike!!;)

LOUP

i am loup
I had shared my home with Rottweilers, Dobermans, and Shepherds for years. More often than not -- Rottweilers. I love them. They are one of the best breeds I have ever had the pleasure of being around and sharing my life with.
This is the first time in my life that I don't have an "aggressive" breed dog in my home. Not for lack of trying -- just can't seem to figure out where a 200lb would sleep here. = )

Anyhow -- I thought I would drop my .02 on this topic.

I have worked with animals all of my life. Private rescue, municipal rescues, wild, domestic -- you name it.

I will run over to a strange Rottweiler to give a butt scratch and a belly rub but would probably walk across the street to avoid a Cocker Spaniel.

I have been bitten more times than I care to admit by several Chihuahua's but the only time a Rottie even attempted to show aggression towards me it was 1) out of fear and 2) my fault. As soon as I changed the tone of my voice he was fine. He was a stray that was brought into a loud smelly shelter just a few minutes before. He never thought of biting me -- just a nice ... "hey, gimme a break I just got here" kind of growl.

I hate that stupid people doing mean things to their dogs have brought such a bad name to many breeds. Even more I hate ignorant people that don't take the time to learn about animals and just let the media rule their fears.

I don't know about every state but in VA it is illegal to discriminate against a dog based solely on the breed. Unless the dog has been deemed "DANGEROUS" by the courts you aren't supposed to be discriminated against. We know how SUPPOSED to works most of the time. But when we were looking for a stick apartment to rent we kept running into wall after wall ... until I let them know that I was well aware of the Code of VA regarding Dangerous Dogs.

Sorry this is a bit of ramble and rant.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Rumor has it - there's another 'Ken & Kathy' here, too!None

Mmmmmm!:confused:

Yep.... there is and we are truly dog lovers also. There is no bad breed of dogs , just a bad breed of people that give them a bad name:mad:....Ken & Kathy None

CGibson

Too bad they have already classified my dog as 'aggressive' - he's not welcome here - :mad:

Well they don't allow mine either and he is an almost 13 year old chow that will love you forever if you just show him some attention. I have seen some pretty aggressive chihuahuas in my lifetime.

Miller Creek park

We've stayed there quite a few times last year. They were really friendly people but the construction was pretty loud in the mornings. We complained and they said, oh, that's just the owner on the bulldozer. He likes to get an early start. In my opinion, you do what's best for your campers, not yourself. They had faucet's leaking and making mud around our RV more than twice. They were working on it though. The stickers were terrible for our dogs. Couldn't walk one step without getting one. They said they were working on it. Their rates went up but they never told us when we called to reserve. Just left us a note when we checked in after hours. They do have a really nice, grassy (no stickers) fenced in area for the dogs to run loose and play that we really enjoyed. Almost ever single camper there had dogs every time we were there and there was one that the owner didn't keep on a leash and it kept coming over aggitating my three scotties while I was trying to walk them. We complained a couple of times just because it's hard enough walking three dogs with a bad back, much less having another one come over and get them all wound up. They also had a wash station for your dogs that would come in handy in the summer when the dogs got all dusty from all the ungrassy areas around there. The very next time I walked mine, it was still not on a leash. Needless to say, we decided that we'd not go there anymore. We really liked the look of it and the location but couldn't take the little annoyances everwhere.

Greselda

We stayed at Miller Creek in January/February of this year, and we loved this campground:) The owners/managers were very helpful and they also sold lavender which was lovely for me:D They put us in a back in spot right next to their river, but, alas....no water:( at that time of year.

Yes, sometimes it is a bit of a challenge to pull across the double lanes to exit the park, but you just have to really watch the cross traffic. They really do encourage rallys and we met some great people through them. They have a clean, but somewhat small, laundry room and two large meeting areas.

We did not notice any extra noise in the park or from the highway. BTW, we travel with two large spoiled cats (20 lbs.) whom we rescued from the animal shelter 3 years ago, and they enjoyed watching all the cute dogs being walked as they went by Bubba and Junior's large cage;)

We are looking forward to returning to this park next year while visiting family in Austin.

Rick and Janine