Gateway 3200RS 2014 or 15- Better Deal ????

Anyone know the difference and if the price is $1200 apart, which would be best ? If you take the cheaper, do you miss out on much in the newer model ? Are there many more upgrades on the 2015 ? Thanks.

And why would MSRP's on the same units be so different ? Did MSRP just go up on the 2015 ?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would call HL Gateway brand manager, they could tell you the differences and why the price changed. Look on the first page of the forum for the #.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is the MSRP the dealers or the "build sheet/MSRP" from HL. If its from HL....take 25-30% of that price and then make your deal. Maybe from the '14 to'15 some option was added to the base price/standard equipment on the '15. A jump in price from year to year is normal. Its the same with car/truck dealers.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In post #1 you mentioned $1200 difference, then in post #4 the difference is $8000.
Pricing always goes up, I have never seen anything go down.
Another thing is are you looking at a 2014 on the lot verses a new ordered 2015?
Are all the options the same?
Not only will the MSRP on the 2015 be higher but it could have more options.
Is the 2014 model on the dealers lot.....one that he is trying to get rid of?
I would opt for the 2015.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

We are thinking the msrp is a misprint, dealer can't find out why msrp is $8000 higher in this unit.

Hi Georgiarose,

If you're trying to back into an offer by discounting the MSRP, an alternative is to get price quotes from other dealers, including dealers outside of your area.

Try getting quote from wholesale dealers and add the cost to get RV transported to your location. (they will provide transportation quote also). If you buy from wholesaler make sure they offer PDI upon delivery....always do PDI. Examples: Jeff couch RV nation and Petes RV center, etc. Also research the internet (including various RV forums) for reviews on anybody you purchase from.