switches. What do they do?

frank62

I just got the torque 325. There is a switch above the landing gear switch that I am unsure what it is for. Does anyone have a clear idea of what every switch does, inside and out?

danemayer

Hi frank62,

Congratulations on the new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sounds like your dealer didn't give you much of a walk through or they would have explained what all the switches do.

Hopefully another Torque 325 owner can identify the switch above the landing gear switch. Which others are you unsure about?

frank62

Hi frank62,

Congratulations on the new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sounds like your dealer didn't give you much of a walk through or they would have explained what all the switches do.

Hopefully another Torque 325 owner can identify the switch above the landing gear switch. Which others are you unsure about?

The dealer did a pretty good walk thru. Lots of info to take in, lots of questions asked, leads to either not remembering or over looked. There are so many switches in that panel it would be nice to have a diagram much like a service panel on a house.

cellman

Do you have a red lighted light switch inside the camper by the monitor panel? The dealer wasn't sure about that one on a 321. Do you know what that one does? I think outside outlets but I haven't checked it yet.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
It is to make your HWH function on electric when you rig is plugged in to shore power, if it is a toggle switch (like a light switch)
If it is a rocker switch its either to run the fresh water tank pump, or to run the HWH on gas. (There should be two)Trace

afwhite14

We have a Gateway 3500 RE with a switch we don't know what its really for. It says ENTRY LIGHT, but no light in the entryway comes on when you turn this switch on. The entryway light comes on when a switch by the door at floor level is turned on. Any help would be appreciated to figure out what this switch is for.

Kosanko

We have a Gateway 3500 RE with a switch we don't know what its really for. It says ENTRY LIGHT, but no light in the entryway comes on when you turn this switch on. The entryway light comes on when a switch by the door at floor level is turned on. Any help would be appreciated to figure out what this switch is for.

On our Gateway 3650BH the entry light switch is for the lights in the stairs going up to our front bedroom and bath. The lights are located in the drawers and are LED

cellman

I just heard back from Heartland on the mystery switch in the Torque 321. They say it is for the heated bathroom and bedroom floors. I wonder if all the 321's have this option.
CIMG2506.JPG

danemayer

I just heard back from Heartland on the mystery switch in the Torque 321. They say it is for the heated bathroom and bedroom floors. I wonder if all the 321's have this option.
View attachment 32502

I'd be really surprised if you actually have heated bathroom and bedroom floors. Did you get the Yeti Option with tank heating pads?

cellman

It took a week to get the answer. They had to go to the cyclone factory rep since they are built in the same plant. I checked the current and when the switch is on it draws 2 amps. I had to send pictures of the switch and the breaker to Heartland for verification. It's too bad I can't read the breaker label. The build sheet I got from the dealer doesn' t mention the yeti package so it's still a mystery.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That looks more like a water heater (when using electric element), or Yeti package switch.

I've never heard of a HL product with heated flooring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cellman

I would think Heartland could tell me what options my trailer has or doesn ' t have, but maybe they don't really know. They had my VIN when I called in. I have a switch labeled for the electric HWHTR on the monitor panel that draws 3 amps when turned on.

danemayer

I would think Heartland could tell me what options my trailer has or doesn' t have, but maybe they don't really know. They had my VIN when I called in.

I'm pretty sure they can tell you whether you have a specific option like the Yeti Package, aka Canadian Arctic Package, or possibly Holding Tank Heating Pads. But if you ask a specific question, like what does this switch do, they may not think to look at what options you have.